All Coast banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having fished long range for years now the RSW,â?? thanks Timâ??, has proved to me just how well fish can be taken care of. I donâ??t want to get crazy but Iâ??ve heard of similar things for private boaters. One option for smaller boats like mine, and I donâ??t remember the exact ratio, is like 2 parts ice, 1 part salt and 1 part saltwater. Has anyone tried this and if so how well does it work? Anyone have any ideas or information on what works best on private boats?

With these fish up here now you can leave on a trip and pretty well expect to put a few in the boat it would be nice to bring them home in mint condition. I know it may be overkill, but if it were not too difficult it would be awesome to set something like this up.

Itâ??s just awesome when you pull a fish out of the RWS and it looks like you just caught it. I just want to give it a try and see if itâ??s worth it. What do you think, and can anyone remember what the ratio is?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I am thinking of building some bins to try it out in or fiberglass in a divider into my fishold. I have tried once with like 250 lbs of ice and added seawater, but it wasn't enough, didn't even start to fill it up. Nice results though. On trips more than 24 hrs taking care of the fish is top priority and starts to become more work.

If you get a good system going, please let us know what you are doing.

Steve
25' Farallon "187"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts