Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought a lot of fishing stuff over the years, some was great, some not so much. I fish mostly (and as I've aged almost exclusively) multi-day trips out of San Diego, Mosty on the Red Rooster III. My favorite outfit (and what I always seem to use most) for those trips is a Calstar GFGR 700XH with a Penn TRQ30LD2 spooled with 65# JB Line One, 100' of 50# mono, and a few feet of flouro.

That said, my favorite accessory and what really surprised me most, was how much I love having prescription sunglasses. I had great eyes until I was about 45 and then they went south. Used readers for about ten years, and then started wearing prescriptions with progressive lenses for work and whatnot for a few years and then finally pulled the trigger on a nice pair of sunglasses with progressive lenses. What a game-changer! Never dreamed I how much I would like them.

So, what is your favorite fishing accessory?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I like my Costa sunglasses very much. The lenses are phenomenal and allow me to see under the surface of the water better than other sunglasses and they really save my old eyes from the sun reflection of the water.

I also like my new Xtratuf deck boots. I switched over to this new ankle high style that has better arch support than the old traditional ones and they are also much easier to remove without having to bend over and pull them off with the little knob that sticks out behind the heel. You can can use your opposite foot to help remove the boot with ease.

Brown Steel-toe boot Font Hobo bag Fashion design

·
Super Moderator
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like my Costa sunglasses very much. The lenses are phenomenal and allow me to see under the surface of the water better than other sunglasses and they really save my old eyes from the sun reflection of the water.

I also like my new Xtratuf deck boots. I switched over to this new ankle high style that has better arch support than the old traditional ones and they are also much easier to remove without having to bend over and pull them off with the little knob that sticks out behind the heel. You can can use your opposite foot to help remove the boot with ease.

View attachment 50909
The only thing I hate about my old Xtratufs is getting them off at the end of the day! I think I paid $13.99 for them, that's how long I've had them. They have no arch support, but I use orthotic insoles and I got a "free" (insurance) pair fitted for the boots back when they were about a year old. Those insoles for the boots were another game-changer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts