Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my long term project in the water. About two years ago a coworker, that knew I love fishing, asked if I wanted to buy his boat, Cheap. Iâ??ve always wanted one but â??Whatâ??s Her Nameâ?? would never have it. Later that summer I was offered it for free (canâ??t pass that up!). He said it needed a little work some water damage inside, the cover leaked, the drain got plugged and by the time he saw it there were pollywogs living in there.

When I got it home and got into it the first time my foot went right through the floor. I pulled the seats and carpet and found what water damage really meant.

My son and I pulled every stick of wood out (stringers too) except the transom. The fuel tank was rotted through and the motor mount boxes were toast also. With some wood, fiberglass, foam, a new fuel tank, lots of sweat and eBay we got it together.

On the weekend of the 4th, we put it in the water, but the outdrive leaked big time and we brought back the trailer and brought her right back home. (ten dollar launch fee/lesson learned fee) We pulled and res the outdrive, and seemed to have done a good job. Yesterdayâ??s adventure from HH to the LA harbor and all over behind the breakwall for 5 hours didnâ??t let a drop of water inside. We even picked up the wife at Seaport Village and cruised around the Long Beach Marina a couple laps.

The next trip will be for fish, nothing drastic maybe some butt drifting or out to the flats with the herd.

I want to thank all of you here on Allcoast for the information and advice I have found on this board. I look forward to meeting you on the water.

ERIK

·
Registered
368 Posts
Very nice job. The best part is that you did it with your son. I'm sure you will treasure those memories forever. Very very nice!

Good luck fishing!

Jeff
25 Skipjack
"Tenacious"

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
SWEET!!!!!
Good luck with many years of boating with her.

You may want to rethink the gaff location. :eek:

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Congratulations on finishing your project!
What a relief ehhh.
Hopefully, we'll be seeing some killer fish reports from you very soon.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Great Job! I'm guessing your son will be posting on the tech board in the very near future with all his newfound experience and knowledge! Way cool!!!!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
one man's trash is another man's treasure. i bet your friend is kicking himself now.

the boat looks SWEET!!!! great work to both of you. i look forward to many fish reports from you in the future. thanks for sharing.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts