Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christina asked me to post that they still have a few openings on the Red Rooster 3 with Captain John Grabowski running the trip. Bluefin Jim from the Longfin tackle store is the charter master, great guy, wealth of knowledge there as well.
The trip leaves Thursday, January 19,returns Sunday, February 3rd, cost is $3,995.00!

There is still availability, and if you have are looking to have a chance to fish with Captain John G, this is your opportunity!

Don't get me wrong, I love fishing with Andy Cates. But John stoked up a fire in me long long ago on my very first long range trip, and I'm still burning thanks to that experience.

In fact, I'm scheming to see if I can talk Tree into letting me go on the trip!

Give Christina or Linda a call at :619-224-3857

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why not back to back trips on the Rooster be for my back problems I use to do them each year the first two trips one with Andy and the second with John and like yourself John was my introduction to long range big tuna fishing many years ago and I to have the fire still burning,, I hope to see you on this trip it would be great to fish with you again your friend Mike

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does anyone have any idea of what John Grabowski does when he is not running on a boat? He is a great skipper, but he seems only to do it part-time. Does he have a full time job doing something else, or does he just not have to work?

·
Registered
28 Posts
He has a radio program on the weekend and he works with his wife with a import business and he spends a lot of time with his children. I am sure he has other business but I don't know what they are, O Ya he speaks at all the fishing shows

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
John is a great captain and a great guy. I first fished with him 35 years ago on the Q105 when Don Sandome owned it. Don had quite the crew of young up and comers on his boat back then. I remember trips where the deck crew consisted of John Grabowski, Sam Patella, Buzz Brseindine, and of course Cliff who is now immortalized in a statue at Disney World in Florida.
Time flys

·
Registered
3 Posts
John sub as Captain on the Polaris Deluxe' When Chuck Ellis needed time off, well there goes the neighborhood when Johnny showed up. John had this way of creating a atmosphere of 'Off the cuff' almost 'Slapstick & yet very seriousness about plugging the boat w/ fish. His skill at bringing the boat, cleat to cleat when docking, he would look away somewhere else while,docking he sort of made fun of how easy it was for him to spin the boat anywhere he wanted, & he did.I enjoyed his candor & simplicity to his approach to day & night on the water. I learned quite,a great lesson from Johnny, let me share what I learned 1 day from him. I dont remember the circumstances, this was 35 years ago, John said to me ' you lied to me' for purposes of the story I will add lib a scenario. I said I didnt lie I put a short spring line on port side, & long spring on starboard, aft.Well john wanted it the complete opposite. And I told him it was finished & ready to go, he called it a lie BC in a way It was . I told him it was ready to go but it wasn't. It wasn't a conventional lie like we know it , bc I was telling him it was ready but it wasnt, it really made me think. Bc on the water something that isnt done correctly can turn into a shit- storm, real fast. We were also at the time pinning for our galley girl, who was a real ' fox'. She dug us both& john caught us once, lip locked. Anyway I think I did the smart thing & finally relented, & let him have her. He gave me this look & started talking about the pirate days, how some crew would get Keel Hauled' not directly about me, but I wanted a chance to find a different galley girl, one day . Truth be told one of my most memorable skipper- crew, relationships. John a very likable person & a very trusting skip.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I like fishing with John, and he was great fun on deck, but sitting though his seminars could be painful....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sorry to tell you all but Bluefin Jim died over a year ago. They keep the charter name out of respect for a great charter master.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts