Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting off work a tad bit early today and taking my kayak down to LA/LB harbor for an afternoon/evening trip. gonna paddle over and grab some 'dines and drag them around for a while. hope to get a halibut or 5. i'll be monitoring 72/16. call for glendon or "Acid Ball." if anyone's gonna be out and wants to save me the paddle and pass off 20-30 pieces of bait i'd GREATLY appreciate it. :)

Friday we're taking the boat down to dana point to run out to the 209 and 181 to look for yellowtail and tuna. gonna paddy hop out there and then set up a chum line for makos wherever we see the best conditions betweent the beach and the 181. we'll be on 72/16. boat name is "Gettin' Ugly."

if anyone's gonna be out give us a shout. will report when i get back.

EDITED TO ADD: i'll be out monday as well in the afternoon/evening on my kayak. grunion run sunday-wednesday so i'm hoping to get a few halibut up shallow monday.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
RE: Fishing today (Wednesday) and Friday

Good luck Glendon.
Hope you find something good on the outside.
Wish I could be out there with you.
But, I have a wedding to attend Saturday at High Noon!!!

Jersey Bro.
Jimbo

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

if the wedding's saturday that means you're free friday right? ;)

we'll let you know if we find anything and let you know how the conditions are out there. i'm hoping we find the right paddy and get some 'tails (and maybe bluefin) that a couple other boats have found in the past week, then go find some makos. :) i just wish we had a sweet tower on our boat like you have on yours for finding paddies.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

one day down, two to go. heading out at o'dark:30 tomorrow out of dana point. heading to the 181, 209, and who knows, maybe even the 43 to look for some yellows/tuna and then look for makos. we'll be on 72/16. boat name Gettin' Ugly.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts