Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, thinking about getting out on the water tomorrow for a while. i need to get some anchovies for a trip to havasu, and tomorrow might be my last chance to do so. so i'll probably launch at sunset aquatic park and try the harbor and maybe try for some rock cod.

anyone else gonna be out there tomorrow?

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I'll be out tomorrow, but on the other side of the PV peninsula aka SMB.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
>well, thinking about getting out on the water tomorrow for a
>while. i need to get some anchovies for a trip to havasu, and
>tomorrow might be my last chance to do so. so i'll probably
>launch at sunset aquatic park and try the harbor and maybe try
>for some rock cod.
>
>anyone else gonna be out there tomorrow?
>
>Gettin' Ugly
>Glendon

We got our bait for the striper derby last night, 2 150 qt coolers filled with denes, chovies, macks and spanish, it took 90 Ziplocks to get it done! Are you going to be fishing the derby Glendon?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
me and a buddy are fishing the tourney. it's my first time fishing it. he fished it a couple of times when he was younger with his dad. i'm really looking forward to it. should be a lot of fun.

john, do you know if larry has anchovies right now? i wouldn't mind looking for some butts or lings up that way tomorrow.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks john. i might just see you on that side of the pennisula tomorrow. as dirty as the water is in LA Harbor i'm not so sure i want to spend a lot of time in there right now.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Cell phone will be on and channel 77, using channel 5 as the 'other one'.

Plan A is Halibut, plan B is Lingcod, no other plans unless I
run into some Bonito or larger Mackerel and stock up for 9/30.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
>me and a buddy are fishing the tourney. it's my first time
>fishing it. he fished it a couple of times when he was
>younger with his dad. i'm really looking forward to it.
>should be a lot of fun.

Bring lots of chum, it seems to help! We also bring a small freezer and keep it in the room to keep the bait/chum frozen, buying ice and dry ice for 5 days gets expensive!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Glenden, the harbor is dead. Craig and I trolled perfect 6 to 8" greenbacks in the harbor yesterday from sunup untill 10am and didn't even get a racked bait. We moved just outside the breakwall and fished another 1hr and a half and Craig got 1 hit that turned out to be about a 4lb sandy and that was it for the day. Some dirty water is still inside the harbor but there are a few places with nice clean water if you look. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts