Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it's been awhile since i've been out. I need to replace my blower and trailer tounge jack and i'll either hit the water sat. afternoon(7-1) for a shot at the bass or make a whole day of it sunday. Any info before hand would be appreciated. Taking out some old buddies that haven't been out in years. Any info on the bite would be cool. Bait?? Plastics color? Iron for cudas?? Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
RL,

Last weekend the Sand Bass were suicidal on the plastics. Bright green colors seemed to do well with just enough lead to get you down. Fish were all through the water column with some bigger ones on the bottom.

Cudas were more scarce but some were caught on Tady C jigs in blue/white.

The current was fairly strong so make sure you have plenty of anchor rope and chain if you're planning on anchoring up. Don't be one of those guys dragging anchor practically hitting other boats.

Also bring some squid to tip your plastics and some attractant scent of your choice. It seemed to help.

Good Fishin',
Kev

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like the usual bass bite at the flats... thanks for the info. anybody know what the temps are like??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Jeremy,
I sent you an e-mail.

It was wide open last night with plastics clear/ red flacks.

Jerry
18' Seaswirl Striper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts