1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine Greg.

2 things . .

I haven't been to the island this Lobster season yet, and I have ZERO
plans to unless I absolutely positively beyond a shadow of a doubt have to.

And multiple multiple family illnesses have me land-locked more
than I want to be. FAMILY first, everything else can wait!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Greg,
If someone does claim it, we're heading up to SB this weekend and so I could return it to the OC area if it's from around here. Let me know.

Jenny

·
Registered
260 Posts
John, pretty much knew it wasn't yours...just not your "MO"...so sorry to hear about the ongoing family issues...I was hoping that would be over after our last conversation...I wish you well with that...That was my first trip to the island this year, frankly I haven't had to stray far from home...I went for the adventure aspect in that I had my son with me, it was perfect weather, and suffice it to say that the results were phenomenal...best net had 16 bugs, 8 legals...all the rest is details...

Jenny, thanks for the offer, so far no takers, I may need to add it to my collection...I will let you know if someone nibbles....Have fun on your SB trip...fishing????

Andale

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Greg,
My parents live in La Conchita so were coming up for the weekend. We had hoped for a little offshore wind in the forecast so we could make it out to Miguel/Rosa for some fishing and hooping but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. We may just do a day trip and stay into the night to try hooping up there for the first time. Are you fishing this weekend at all? Maybe see you out there.

Jenny

·
Registered
260 Posts
My son and I were prowling around the island, between Stony and Arrow points and found a stray hoopnet tonight. I suspect it may have left there last night since it still had a couple of scraps of bait in it.

I would have thought it was John Collar's because it had a large float (white promar) with reflective tape on it. Two things would strongly suggest to me that it isn't Johns...#1, it wasn't stuck, just abandoned...definitely not likely to be something JSEA is going to do...#2, despite the reflective tape, it had a glowstick tied to it, making it even more likely NOT to be John's...

I strongly suspect it was abandoned, no other boats around, and it was the only net in sight...so I boated it...it was a 32 inch promar, yellow rope on a winder, and had a distinguishing number on it...if this is yours, email me at [email protected] and give me the number...I'm in SB so it won't be that easy to connect, but I would be happy to try to return it to it's rightful owner...

Let me know...

Greg
(on the Andale)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts