Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at yesterdays fish rpts The freedom and the Ultra did pretty good on the Yellows,, Does anyone know where they may have fished Monday 5/15 also the Dreamer did good on the sea bass, Any info is appreciated, Thanks in advance, Glenn on Pacified, VHF # 69

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Ultra was on a overnighter so I dont know were they might have fished but the 976 gold members (rip-off)LOL said Catalina on the backside at Mills Landing, Ben Weston Pt. and also Farnsworth is holding a healthy amount of YT's. Now that info is not coming from me or anyone I know. If I catch more info I will pass it along.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ditto on 976 gold membership being a ripoff. What a joke. The entire main page is an ad anyways, I don't see why they need to rip people off on the members section. Anyhow, does anyone know of a good comparable service at an acceptable price? How is 976 bite?

·
Registered
16 Posts
LMAO Yeah I paid for the gold member stuff, and Iam sorry I did, the site is set up for sportboat fishing, not the private boater. My Uncle is a member to 976 Bite and he says its the best. I will probably go over there once my 976 tuna subscription is up

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dido on the 976t--- membership! They tend to stretch the true a little bit sometimes a lot in my opinion! They definitly are pro sport boat. Bob Vanion is Great at 976bite but he mostly covers the San Diego area but has some good info on Catalina and Clemente when he has concrete information and gives more peronalized service at a reseanalbe price. I have been a member for years!

TD

·
Registered
757 Posts
"The Ultra was on a overnighter so I dont know were they might have fished but the 976 gold members (rip-off)LOL said Catalina on the backside at Mills Landing, Ben Weston Pt. and also Farnsworth is holding a healthy amount of YT's. Now that info is not coming from me or anyone I know. If I catch more info I will pass it along.

29' Sea swirl
Reel "N" Exotic
Newport Dunes"""

so without this "rip-off" info, do you have any information to offer?

I am going on the hunch from Terrence and the LB Carnage. The 6 packs and sporties have been nailing them (yellows and bass) for the past couple days. The squid is popping back up and I would have to think that is where the main concentration of yellows will be?
Anyways, I will be fishing tomorrow on the backside of the E. end of Catalina and I will post upon return.
not flaming you but i don't think you should flame them as well. After all, you didn't have to pay for it. Make the best of it. Go fishing and add to the website.

Ch72 as BIG BLUE.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Fished Cat yesterday from sunup untill 2pm. One sportboat (I think it was the Natalus or something like that, had a huge anchor puplit up front) came around the east end and fished the V's in the morning but I didn't see them get anything. No sportboats around Mill's, Weston, China and the only other sportboat I saw was the Ultra and that was around 1pm and thewy where on the far west end back side.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was out Tuesday and I saw several sporties at Salta Verde making bait. After they were done, they all headed west. I decided to fish the Salta Verde area for no love. Worked my way west all day, and came across the fleet at West Cove at 2:30 or so. I believe they all went to SBI and that is where they caught the majority of their fish. I think they all came to West Cove on their way home and set up for an afternoon bite that didn't materialize while I was there from 2:30 til about 3:15. Squid was tough for us at Salte Verde. Alot of fin bait in the area.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One more thing, I too am a gold member on 976 and their info was completely wrong. I know there was no bite at Farnsworth, not a single boat out there. You would figure if a sportie got something like 20 fish out there, it would be a parking lot. Same goes for the China, BW and Little Harbor areas. Very few boats in the area all day long. I read somewhere that the sporties are trying to throw the privates off so they can fish SBI to themselves.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
"I believe they all went to SBI and that is where they caught the majority of their fish.
I think they all came to West Cove on their way home and set up for an afternoon
bite that didn't materialize while I was there from 2:30 til about 3:15."

Henry!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
757 Posts
"""""reelnexotics Thu May-18-06 09:14 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2006
14 posts

#9, "RE: Freedom---Ultra YT"
In response to Reply # 8

WEll I guess itrytofish is just filled with info. If anyone needs any info go to him, he's the MAN

29' Sea swirl
Reel "N" Exotic
Newport Dunes"""""""

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't catch ####. Check from my report on private boaters.
I didn't see much action anywhere on the island. I think the middle backside is where there may be a few seabass but oh well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts