Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I plan to fish SMB tomorrow anyway, and since my tanks are low, I am thinking of a run to San Pedro for a load of diesel. Does anyone know the current 500 gallon + price at either MDR (the old phone number doesn't work and I can't find the new number) or Jankovichs (sp?) -- they won't quote over the phone, or anywhere else I might get a good deal. I know that the MDR fuel dock changed ownership a few months ago, and for a while at least it seemed like they were charging a real premium.

Thanks for any help,
Rick

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Current MDR FUEL Prices.

Here you go Rick.

Marina Del Rey FUEL DOCK PRICES as of 6/23/2006.

Diesel
$3.59 per gallon.
100-200 gallons $3.49 per gallon.
201-500 gallons $3.44 per gallon.
501-1000 gallons $3.39 per gallon.
1001 gallons or more UP is $3.34 per gallon.

Gas/Premium is $4.50 per gallon.
50-150 gallons is $4.47 per gallon.
151 gallons or more is $4.40 per gallon.

Gas/Regular is $4.31 per gallon.
50-150 gallons is $4.28 per gallon.
151 gallons or more UP is $4.25 per gallon.

PREMIX is $5.48 per gallon.

Craig Campbell is THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER.
The NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER for the Del Rey Fuel Dock is (310) 574-4443.
Craig can also be reached via email @ [email protected]

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

p.s. Ownership did not change, only the General Manager has changed. TG!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If you have the boat on a trailer last Sun the Diesel at the Station next to the 710S freeway was $3.09. I dont have diesel but I always pass the sign on my way when I get off the 405s to the 710 on my way to the south shore landing / Queen Mary location ramp.

Brian

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I just filled up my diesel truck at Mike's Main Channel(Next to Jank's)this morning and the price was $3.20/gal. I did not inquire as to what the boat price was, but considering highway taxes, etc. go into the vehicle fuel, I would estimate that the cost is somewhere around $3.00/gal.
Additionally, Mike's charges the same price per gallon, regardless of quantity. Jankovich and Son's does employ price breaks based on quantity.
Hope this helps!

HD

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
RE: Current MDR FUEL Prices.

WOW, I'm really surprised at the cost of boat diesel, given what many of us get at the land stations. Those prices are within .05 of what I am paying in south OC; not exactly the most competitive market in the Southland.

Not that it will make any difference for Rick O.....pretty sure his boat is well beyong trailer size.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
RE: Current MDR FUEL Prices.

The prices seem high to me as well, but maybe it's a MDR thing.

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
>I fueled at Janks last Sat. 100 Gal. + rate was 3.00"

Are you including the sales tax? Recs must pay the sales tax, so giving the commercial rate without sales tax is a little misleading, and might induce a rec from MDR or Redondo to make the run counting on the differential between the burn and the price to be in their favor at $3, but not at $3.25.

If low on fuel and fishing in that direction, it always makes sense to fill up at Janks.

Fish the Tides - Freddie

·
Registered
472 Posts
There was tax afterwards. If I remember right I took 104 Gal. and paid 336.00, so taht makes it about 3.23/Gal. OTD.
Sorry for any misunderstanding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts