Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
Pez. The bluefin haven't been this good since the 1930's. All that is occurring across much of the board is MSY fishing. That S stands for sustainable. I am not a fan of that amount of fishing but it does have the benefit of feeding a lot of people. The US is more conservative than the other nations pursuing larger populations of fish which is a level of fishing that ensures larger stock biomasses than MSY. They have a very good record at doing it most of the successes coming in the last 20 years. Perhaps you might figure that out if you get back out there and do more fishing.

Yes deep baja runs in the 60's were incredible, virgin populations of fish. But the world's population has more than doubled since 1960. The demand for seafood has gone up tremendously. Places where fishing isn't occurring has greatly diminished. Doesn't have anything to do with IT its just simply more people. So unless you want to personally become the arbiter of who lives and dies it is just something society needs to continue to find better ways to deal with it. BTW last time I drove back from Oregon with my wife a decade ago I went through the biggest bug splatter zone of my life. I think your problem is you are viewing through yo daddy's propaganda and have stopped living it becoming more of a homebody instead. My perception is the 50's and 60's were great, 70's, 80', and most of the 90's not so great. The 00's and 10's far better and improving. I have confidence in the 20's as a result. Was sitting in with a workgroup on a review of a sustainability program sponsored by the feds. What impressed me the most was the negativity in attitude of the surveys. IMO, we hit bottom ecosystem wise probably in the 80's though that could have been fall out from the cooling planet that preceded that. But it did spur a lot of environmental interest. Now most who answered the call then are encouraged, but those sitting by the wayside listening to appeal for money from their daddy's aren't and as a result the group with the least positive outlook is the small guy trying to make a living. . . . attitudes crushed politically by overly zealous couch potatoes who get their talking points from TV, Radio, and wealthy. And have forgotten how to live life. Which reminds me the best Super Bowl ad this year was Bass Pro Shops.
“.....Doesn't have anything to do with IT its just simply more people.”

so simple
Right?

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
The cause is simple, making it work requires a lot of effort. You are just suffering with the 15 second sound bite version. You have to get out there.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
In that same

As a kid I remember agriculture all the way from la to sd
the wetlands full of life
the ocean full of fish
the sky full of birds
bugs splattering on the windshield
Went across the border to go tuna fishing with my dad and his amigos in early sixties and there was tuna boiling everywhere.
Blows my mind that “IT” is killing the planet
for profit

Yep...it's still pretty much that way now. The bluefin tuna boil in American waters now between Mackerel Bank and the Cortes / Tanner bank area. The wetlands over by my house is full of life and perhaps more full of life than in the last 20 years. The migratory birds are nice to watch and identify at different times of the year.

Do you not get out much or are you having a difficult time looking through those rose colored lenses on your glasses?

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Yep...it's still pretty much that way now. The bluefin tuna boil in American waters now between Mackerel Bank and the Cortes / Tanner bank area. The wetlands over by my house is full of life and perhaps more full of life than in the last 20 years. The migratory birds are nice to watch and identify at different times of the year.

Do you not get out much or are you having a difficult time looking through those rose colored lenses on your glasses?
More like glasses with shitt smeared all over them. Indeed that's the view you get when listening to IT. But all its about is a giant fleece shearing. One doesn't get much of a view peering out from under a rock.

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
Getting back on topic I stopped to see a friend yesterday after work knowing he would have Tucker on. During the show a commercial came on about the billions and billions and billions set aside by the “manufacturer” of roundup for claims against the “manufacturer” for “ITS” product causing cancer.
In humans.
No mention of the other negatives of the “product” to any of the other life forms humans share Mother Earth with.
maybe y’all experts in free market business would like to rationalize, with typical couched apologisims thrown in, the bottom line cents that makes “IT” worth “IT?”

Seen

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
Getting back on topic I stopped to see a friend yesterday after work knowing he would have Tucker on. During the show a commercial came on about the billions and billions and billions set aside by the “manufacturer” of roundup for claims against the “manufacturer” for “ITS” product causing cancer.
In humans.
No mention of the other negatives of the “product” to any of the other life forms humans share Mother Earth with.
maybe y’all experts in free market business would like to rationalize, with typical couched apologisims thrown in, the bottom line cents that makes “IT” worth “IT?”

Seen
DNA damage and methylation induced by glyphosate in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (in vitro study) | Request PDF

https://microbiomejournal.biomedcentral.com › ...Roundup causes embryonic development failure and alters metabolic pathways ...

Ad·http://www.selectjustice.com/Have You Sprayed Roundup? - Have a Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma?

https://www.researchgate.net/public...pheral_blood_mononuclear_cells_in_vitro_study

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
Here y’all go for some icing on y’all’s sheeshcake

During the past 25 years, many state governments in the United States have adopted anti-community state preemption laws to preclude local governments from enacting ordinances regulating pesticides. In the absence of local controls, people and property are being adversely effected. The issue accompanying state preemption statutes is whether the laws constitute a reasonable resolution of the positive and negative externalities that accompany pesticide usage. Through a discussion of the tradeoffs involving pesticide preemption, we show that states having divergent agricultural, residential, commercial, and recreational activities might be better served by allowing local governments to govern selected matters involving pesticides. State pesticide preemption laws denigrate local governance and compromise public health and economic well-being. If legislators care about the health of their communities and citizens, they need to repeal preemption laws that prevent appropriate safety regulations by local governments.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
In humans.

Seen

So...

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
In some ways BobO is correct
ie; the Earth will do just fine no matter what
Methinks this example of “IT” supports his claim
oh the irony
''Engdahl argued that the problem of global warming is much exaggerated. He claims that global warming is merely a "scare" and a "thinly veiled attempt to misuse climate to argue for a new Malthusian reduction of living standards for the majority of the world while a tiny elite gains more power.''

I might actually like this guy!

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
''Engdahl argued that the problem of global warming is much exaggerated. He claims that global warming is merely a "scare" and a "thinly veiled attempt to misuse climate to argue for a new Malthusian reduction of living standards for the majority of the world while a tiny elite gains more power.''

I might actually like this guy!
Of course y’all do!!!
He fit y’all’s mental modus operandi
ie; most folks aren’t interested in y’all’s opinion
they’re interested in their opinion
combining out of y’all’s mouth
ROTMFFLMMFACFO
seen!
ps: never a surprise y’all pick the simplest pivot point out of a complex situation to tether Attaboy to!
pps: par exemplar, global warming er uh climate change is real however “IT” is defined. Imho, “IT” is used as a smoke screen to divert some folks attention from all the other extremely profitable spin offs from/of the petrochemical cabal.
I posted up that piece with no expectations that y’all would pivot on anything else than what reinforced y’all’s opinion......
Attaboy!
ppps: maybe Mother Nature is taking care of the problem by reducing the sperm count?

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
What you don't like the take of your own source Pez?

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
What you don't like the take of your own source Pez?
Only y’all BobO
Only y'all
Of The Three Phootateers
deserve the title Phootateer # 1
Y’all’s above quip is indicative of y’all’s worthiness
Of Phootateer # 1
In SPADES!!!!!!!
ps- methinks The Three Body Problem, The Dark Forest, and Deaths End trilogy by Cixin Liu might help.

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
More to the picture
Than meets the eye
hey hey my my
Sorry Pez but you are going to first convince me you have good taste in short stories before you entice me into spending the time to read 3 entire books.

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
Sorry Pez but you are going to first convince me you have good taste in short stories before you entice me into spending the time to read 3 entire books.
Here y’all go bro not too thick

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Only y’all BobO
Only y'all
Of The Three Phootateers
deserve the title Phootateer # 1
Y’all’s above quip is indicative of y’all’s worthiness
Of Phootateer # 1
In SPADES!!!!!!!
I tried looking up what the definition of a "Phootateer" is and it did not come up in any dictionary, urban dictionary, or search engine. Imagine that. :eek:

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
I tried looking up what the definition of a "Phootateer" is and it did not come up in any dictionary, urban dictionary, or search engine. Imagine that. :eek:
ROTMFFLMMFACFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ATTABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps - that’s another reason why y’all are
Phootateer # 2
ROTMFFLMMFACFO!!!!

201 - 220 of 221 Posts