Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Sounds good. (y) The weather should only get better from here on in. I'm fishing on the Endeavor out of Ventura Landing for our annual 2-day charter at the Channel Islands June 5 - 7 to try and get some WSB, Halibut, Yellows, and fill our freezers up with other bottom grabbers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boat total.
18 BFT. 16 over #150 and maybe 2 cows. Lost a few.
12 YT. 10-15 pounds.

No BFT for me but I did get a 15 pound YT. A lot of boats out there as we were only 10 past the Coronado Islands. No fish at night and all but one on live bait sinker rig. We had seal lions attacking the hooked big BFT. I have never seen anything like that before.
The El Capitan was real tight up the sides. Almost impossible to get past someone. Bunk room was good and the food was okay. Lots of boats tied up at the dock on a 3-day weekend??

Next trip June 8th. Overnight on the Fury out of Dana Wharf.

·
Super Moderator
6,982 Posts
Boat total.
12 YT. 10-15 pounds.

No BFT for me but I did get a 15 pound YT. A lot of boats out there as we were only 10 past the Coronado Islands. No fish at night and all but one on live bait sinker rig. We had seal lions attacking the hooked big BFT. I have never seen anything like that before.
The El Capitan was real tight up the sides. Almost impossible to get past someone. Bunk room was good and the food was okay. Lots of boats tied up at the dock on a 3-day weekend??

How many on the boat?

Nice grade of fish!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Boat total.
12 YT. 10-15 pounds.

Thanks for sharing your report. It sounds like it was typical bluefin fishing. One day it's a night bite on flat falls and the next day or two it's a day bite on live bait sinker rigs. The weather has been different this year. We haven't had consistent weather this spring. Winds off our coast has kept the bluefin bite going in Mexican waters but not at the other U.S. water banks off of S.C.I. U.S. water is cooler and dirty and the current has been weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts