Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to the 390 , 425 area and will be coming back up via san clemente island. Does anybody know what the rules are for customs . Can I check in in long beach or do I have to check back in san diego?
blackfinn
radon 25
blackfinn
radon 25

·
Registered
55 Posts
My understanding is you don't have to do anything unless you actually visit Mexico (dock and get off the boat). Just entering the waters and comming back isn't considered a visit.

However, you need a boat permit ($32-$98 depending on size) and if you have any fishing gear with you, you need a fishing license for every person onboard regardless of age ($23 for a week, $33 for a month and $43 for a year).

You can get the licenses from Fishermans Landing. When you get the license, ask about bag and possession limits as they differ from the us.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
There's some good info in this post.
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=402&topic_id=5191&mode=full&page=#5192

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
980 Posts
RE: going south of the border and coming back"

Once an old timer told me "Go West young man" and it was good advice!

Look at the SST's and Chlorophill pictures if it were me and I was going to stop at Clemente Island anyway I would fish the 32/28 over 118/11 area just looks very fishy and yesterday a Private boater caught a bunch of Albie so there on the chew.

JMO

P.S. you never leave US waters!

Don
28 Albin TE
Crack-O-Dawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts