All Coast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to a friends 40th b-day celebration down south this weekend. I've never travelled south of the border by car before and I was hoping to get some helpful tips from any vetrans. We're staying @ The Newport Beach Resort in Puerto Nuevo ( has anyone stayed there before?) and have a day booked for fishing out of Ensenada on the
Selena http://www.ensenada.com/selena/index.html
I'm trying to get down to Ensenada at a reasonable time. Considering I will be leaving from Valencia on the "5th of May", do you think 4:30am is early enough to beat traffic and cross the border?

Musicalmike
Skipjack 20
Musicalmike
Skipjack 20

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
What time does the boat leave?

At that hour, you will scoot thru the LA Basin pretty easily. You probably will encounter some traffic from Oceanside on through SD if you hit O'side later than 6:30.

The border may take 5 minutes to cross. Cinco de Mayo will not be an issue down there as it really isn't celebrated in Mexico much; it is much more popular up here, thanks to the liquor industry in this country.

TAKE THE TOLL ROAD TO ENSENADA (ENSENADA CUOTA)!

Oh yeah, this scenario assumes a weekday and no illegal immigrant protests.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
It's the trip back that is the long border crossing, not the trip down! Return on off peak periods, and should only be about a 45 minute wait. A tip, stay right, and don't let people cut you off, because they will.....constantly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts