Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading over to cat later this afternoon- sounds like the squid is on the front middle of the island? Anybody have word on any on the back side? Any squid info appreciated, as i have no fresh frozen to take with me.

Plan to anchor up for the night and see if we can locate some WSB.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
In listening to the radio, it appears that the Marie Claire will be either in front of Avalon or Long Point, plus a couple of others. Go gettem Tre!

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Tre,

Swing by the Asian 99 store or something similar. The fresh dead there is awesome and never bleached (about half the price of frozen as well).

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was told by the Ranch 99 stores that they never have fresh dead. It is always the frozen blocks defrosted. They are all thawed in a fresh water tubs.

There are 2 types of frozen. 1 processed in San Pedro (better) and 1 processed up north (crap) . I have found that the SP is very nice but is not even close to the quality of the fresh dead.

Just my 2cents, Brian

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked up 25#'s at Irvane Ranch today- I have used it in the past.
It works O.K.

Expensive today though, $3.99/box.

Heading out of Newport at 2:00ish today- "Sea Myth" on 68,69,72

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Tre, heading out today as well, Island Breeze 11meter Trojan, will get a spot in Avalon for the night and hit it hard in the morning. Look us up...Divide and conquer..LOL

KP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts