All Coast banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm out of bait and want to hoop tomorrow and don't have time to make any between now and then. anyone know where i can buy enough mackeral for 10 nets for tomorrow night for relatively cheap? oh, in orange county. i live in fountain valley, and work in irvine, so somewhere around those two areas would be preferred.

Thanks.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
The bacteria levels in areas where runoff and sewage drainage
occur are very high for a minimum of 3 days after each rainfall.

Also, being that most of the hoopnetting addicts will be out
tonight after this long rain I wouldn't go near that spot!

Yes I'm assumming you'll be on the coast somewhere.

John.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I know when I've put my hands in the saltwater after a
good level of rainfall my hands can sting something fierce.
I was mentioning bacteria related towards humans not Lobster.

John.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
EDIT: **Right not left

"99 Ranch Market" Irvine one on Jeffery and the 5 and one on Culver about 5 miles off the 5, go west, on RIGHT** (north) side shopping plaza

It more of a Asian store, or a store that caters to the Asian population.....lots of fresh and frozen fish...also
live (no live Mackerel :) )

I buy frozen squid and other bait type fish there.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Just a guess, the lobsters don't ingest the bacteria (and if they do ingest it, thier digestive system kills it)....the only way it could be harmful to humans is if is is either ingested or given a pathway via a cut or open wound like a when being exposed to a cold virus via the nose, eye or mouth.....

Any bacteria that may be on the outer parts of the lobster will be killed when cooked......and i would think that any pollutants could be rinsed off just like you would rinse a vegetable or fruit.

In general, those who eat lobster (cockroaches of the sea)on a regular basis, are not the type to be worried about a little bacteria ;)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
For future reference. You can buy the stuff in bulk by the 30 or 50lb box at a few of the seafood producers in San Pedro. You can get them frozen together in bulk or frozen individually, for a little bit better quality.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I used to buy 25 pound blocks of frozen ground mackerel for shark chum when I fished tourneys in the early 90s. We bought it from Blue Dolfin Marine as I recall. Are they still in business??

JB

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've got a bag of 24 mackerel in my freezer you can have. I've been saving them for hooping but it looks like I won't be using them. I'm in Irvine. Call me 949-439-9526.

Mike

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I've got 3 bags of macks that I'll be throwing out unless somebody wants them. Probably around 8 macks per bag. PM or email me if you are interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts