Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friends, time is the enemy, and it looks like it's going to beat me this year. Not only am I still in Mexico, but I haven't even been able to make firm plans for my move yet. And unfortunately, I know in advance that I will be as poor as a church mouse for the first couple of months I'm back (need to buy a car, rent an apartment, etc.). By the time I could afford a trip, the season will have passed me by...

So the rodless one shall not fish in 2008. Alas, it is to weep...

You know what really bothers me about my situation? It looks like I will forever miss the chance to fish with Oldtimer and Wifeo, if what he has written is true. I've never met the man, but I've desperately wanted to share a deck with him and his fishing wife. Now I hate my circumstances worse than ever.

Anyway, I am going to look hard and long for the trip I will DEFINITELY take next year. Maybe fuel prices will have fallen somewhat...and I will hopefully have had a chance to acquire some more/better gear. Once again, I plan to target a 5-8 day trip, late Summer...maybe back to Guadalupe. Hopefully I can share the ride with some of you all here.

Until then, I'll just keep making a nuisance of myself here on the board, and enjoy the vicarious thrills of the trip reports. Am I envious? Hell, I give new meaning to that particular sin, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Fill the holds, boys...but please don't catch all of them...leave some for me next year!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moose_Head said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHH BOTHER...................Eeyore
LOL!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Baja Dreamer said:
I am truly sorry to hear about that Jim. It seems like there are a lot of folks who won't be fishing much, if at all, this year.
That is true enough, BD. Lots of folks in the same boat (pun intended), and God knows I'll live to fish again. It has just been a hard year for me, and one LR trip was the dream I was holding onto as compensation for all the frustration. But in the end, a pipe dream was all it ever was. Maybe I'll win the lottery or something...but for now, I guess fishing will have to wait.

GOD it hurts just to write that...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fishybuzz said:
Hey Rodless...we'll catch a couple and dedicate them to you....:)
You do that, fishy...anoint with wasabi and soy sauce, and just dedicate to your heart's content. Oh, and for Pete's sake, bring along that SLT and catch a big tuna with it, will you?

·
Registered
706 Posts
rodless I promise I'm not fishing much more than you this year for many reasons. I do know that this will build the desire and anticipation for the next time out that in essence is why we fish

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
RJ, that's a shame.

From our correspondence, I know something of the hurdles you've faced while in Mexico. I understand why you couldn't work it out to go this year, and I feel for ya.

And you are correct, if you coulda made the Willy/Wahoodad June trip, we woulda had a great time writing the report. It mighta caused us to get thrown out of AC, tho, for writing a 50 page report!:)

If you manage to work out a trip for 2009, and if you still don't have any rods (hence "Rodless" ) or for that matter, reels, I'd be happy to loan you our best stuff. Our stuff isn't all that fancy, but most of it is quite solid. The only thing we really lacked was the newfangled two speed good casting 40lb reels that have appeared in the last few years. We have some very good (not fancy) stuff for 25, 30, 40regular, 50, and 60. You are welcome to use it....just let me know. Heck, if you want to buy it, perhaps we can work out a deal, tho that sentence causes me some pain. (One invests some emotion in acquiring his tackle.)

I wish you the same wonderful fantastic incredible LR trips we got to experience. Both Wifeo and I got lifetime bests for YT, BFT, YFT, and albies. I got to see Wifeo catch a 90lb BFT and almost get pulled over the rail. I got to see her almost catch (sharked at the rail) an 90-100 lb BFT on 30lb (which was truly amazing). We got to experience bites that ate the paint off the boat (which is not describable..you have to see it). We got to see 4 species of whales, 5 species of porpoises, innumberable kinds of sea birds, Alijos Rocks in the sunset, the brown sere shape of Cedros Is. appearing out of the morning fog, following immediately by a wild breaking school of YT covering 5 acres. On the Willy06 trip I had on my first ever billfish (on a 40lb 113H) and the dadburn thing JUMPED!! Just like in the videos!!! Amazing. Once that puppy (~100lb striped) got down current, I could not (and I mean NOT) move it. It proved more difficult than a tuna, which I would never have dreamed. I even got to catch one dorado.....tho it weighed about 5 pounds and I released it.

I think that you've only had one LR trip, and I wish you many more. Given your writing skills, I hope (no, I demand) that you write up reports as long as mine (tho much better written! :) ).

The amazing thing about AC isn't that folks occasionally fight with each other. The amazing thing about AC is how often kindred spirits who love SoCal style saltwater fishing manage to make friends, often extending beyond just fishing.

Now get your sheet together, and reserve a spot on the Willy 09 RRIII late June trip. If you do it now, you may get to be number 2 on the boat, and get the primo tackle box spot! LOL Depending upon how fuel goes, if you can set aside $350 a month, you probably can cover it. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.