Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes many a bonnie lass and muchos senoritas y senoras sang praises to you and your real comrades for doing the right, as in correct, thing when “IT” tried to conscript you and your fellow immigrants into fighting for The Empire..
God speed amigos!!!!
seen

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
yes many a bonnie lass and muchos senoritas y senoras sang praises to you and your real comrades for doing the right, as in correct, thing when “IT” tried to conscript you and your fellow immigrants into fighting for The Empire..
God speed amigos!!!!
seen
Wrong again. Boy...how many times has that been over the years? Too many to count. John Riley wasn't conscripted. He enlisted on his own. There was no war going on at the time he enlisted. Many of the fellow immigrants were not conscripted either. Doh!

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wrong again. Boy...how many times has that been over the years? Too many to count. John Riley wasn't conscripted. He enlisted on his own. There was no war going on at the time he enlisted. Many of the fellow immigrants were not conscripted either. Doh!
Their consciousness was conscripted dude
sheesh
ps - they branded a “d” on rileys cheek
For deserter
cuz he wouldn’t rub out women n children and priests
for Empire

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
sheesh
You mean like yours is when you screw up and watch TV or listen to KPFK?

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
for Empire
Riley deserted before the war Pez. Almost certainly the reason was religious. He was an Irish Catholic and at that time Catholics weren't treated well. When his division got stationed in Texas he deserted and went to Mexico where the Catholic religion was the official religion of Mexico and other religions were banned. The only reason he didn't hang for desertion was he deserted before the war started so he never even had the opportunity to turn down killing Priest, Women and Children. When captured he was court martialed branded a deserter and released. Some of his fellow deserter Irish Catholics did hang for deserting after the war started.

Irish immigration didn't begin until 1845 with only a smattering of Irish in the US before that. The Potato Famine had them coming in droves and they were not met well just as was true anywhere in the world at the time since they were of a different religious belief. When the US was formed it was enough of a challenge to get the Protestants to all get along with each other. In fact, most immigration in the first 68 years of the republic were Protestants fleeing other Protestants.

Then was kind of like now with all this cancel culture BS going on. Say the wrong word and you lose your livelihood.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
sheesh
ps - they branded a “d” on rileys cheek
For deserter
for Empire
He's lucky that he got branded instead of hung. I never debated about why John Riley deserted. I just wanted to correct your incorrect statement about being "conscripted" into the U.S. Military.

We know you lie, embellish, or say things you have little knowledge of, so I wanted to set the record straight for others that may take a peek at your original post.

By the way, Bob's reply is very accurate historically and pretty much spot on.

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's lucky that he got branded instead of hung. I never debated about why John Riley deserted. I just wanted to correct your incorrect statement about being "conscripted" into the U.S. Military.

We know you lie, embellish, or say things you have little knowledge of, so I wanted to set the record straight for others that may take a peek at your original post.

By the way, Bob's reply is very accurate historically and pretty much spot on.
I guess “IT” all depends on y’all’s pov
“Right?”
With a nod to y’all Phootateers conscripted consciousness.
“Right?’
I say that because y’all are obviously under the influence of inculcated ideological inaccurate revisionist respewings powered by repetitive propaganda propping up the Dominate Narrative of Amerikan Empire.
though your statement in re Riley deserting gives me pause, I’ll go ahead and lump y’all in with Phooter #1 since y’all’s “By the way...” speaks for “ITSelf”
(imho of course)
As in all instances of expanding Empire
regardless of the Empire
the true prelude to “declared war”
is the back story that isn’t included
in the official story er uh Dominate Narrative.
seen?
No?
Imagine that!
That y’all dump y’all’s scat into the kitty litter box
“Right” next to Phootateer #1’s pile of phoot
speaks volumes
and just adds to the stench.
Since none of us were there I guess we’re all in the same head space in that we have to choose from various historical “narratives” to express our individual “opinions” about what really happened.
“Right?”
Typically
y’all Phootateers expose y’all’s asymmetrical adherence to the artificial archetype of “IT”
whilst moi
Typically
expose moi’s adherence to anti “IT.”
In Phootateer #1’s head space anything counter to “IT” is an existential threat to all of “IT” and engenders incredibly inane spewing of pure phoot in attempts to bolster the artificial bulwarks of his beliefs.
Hence his position as Phootateer #1
Pretty much ditto for Phootateer #2
Y’all, on the other hand, regardless of y’all’s pejorative predilections and cynicism
have never really appeared to me to be as gullible as #1 and #2,
but because of y’all’s backing up #1 and #2
almost 100% of the time
I hesitatingly award y’all the handle #3
seen?
here’s a “narrative” that couches “IT” more in line with what I believe “IT” was when the “Patricios”
stood up to “IT” in truly righteous solidarity with the “victims” of Amerikan Empire.

ps - don’t know whether y’all would like an offer of another free book to broaden y’all’s data set
but if so I’ll send y’all The Jaguar Smile by Salman Rushdie. It’s his first non fiction book and is about a visit to Nicaragua during another period of the expansion of Amerikan Empire.
Y’all’s call but believe me when I say
“my pleasure”
as just another brother from another mother!

pps - here’s another truly righteous brother who stood up to “IT”
Note the parallels to Riley in re the way the Irish were looked down upon by the tooled citizens of “IT”
If y’all will
"I got nothing against no Viet Cong. No Vietnamese ever called me a ******."
"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called ***** people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality.… If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.”
REPRESENT MUHAMMAD REPRESENT !!!!!!

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correction!!!
Just noticed “IT” was #2’s “By the way...”
Regardless, seein as how y’all Phootateers sound the same when y’all spew sheesh
please forgive moi!!!!!!
ROTMFFLMMFACFO times X

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Wow! That was a mouthful of gobbledegook Pez. :poop: I guess you can't take it when someone merely pointed out or proved you are incorrect. We understand that you hate our country and our forefathers and the pioneers that made or shaped our country over the years and what it is today. I have a suggestion for you. If you are so unhappy with the past and present, please move somewhere else that suits your interests and ideology. I'm sure there is some 3rd world country or banana republic out there that will suit your wants and needs and welcome you with open arms. LOL!

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! That was a mouthful of gobbledegook Pez. :poop: I guess you can't take it when someone merely pointed out or proved you are incorrect. We understand that you hate our country and our forefathers and the pioneers that made or shaped our country over the years and what it is today. I have a suggestion for you. If you are so unhappy with the past and present, please move somewhere else that suits your interests and ideology. I'm sure there is some 3rd world country or banana republic out there that will suit your wants and needs and welcome you with open arms. LOL!
Predictable.....

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
“Right?”
“Right?’
I say that because y’all are obviously under the influence of inculcated ideological inaccurate revisionist respewings powered by repetitive propaganda propping up the Dominate Narrative of Amerikan Empire.
though your statement in re Riley deserting gives me pause, I’ll go ahead and lump y’all in with Phooter #1 since y’all’s “By the way...” speaks for “ITSelf”
(imho of course)
regardless of the Empire
seen?
No?
Imagine that!
speaks volumes
Since none of us were there I guess we’re all in the same head space in that we have to choose from various historical “narratives” to express our individual “opinions” about what really happened.
“Right?”
Typically
y’all Phootateers expose y’all’s asymmetrical adherence to the artificial archetype of “IT”
whilst moi
Typically
In Phootateer #1’s head space anything counter to “IT” is an existential threat to all of “IT” and engenders incredibly inane spewing of pure phoot in attempts to bolster the artificial bulwarks of his beliefs.
Y’all, on the other hand, regardless of y’all’s pejorative predilections and cynicism
almost 100% of the time
seen?
here’s a “narrative” that couches “IT” more in line with what I believe “IT” was when the “Patricios”
stood up to “IT” in truly righteous solidarity with the “victims” of Amerikan Empire.

ps - don’t know whether y’all would like an offer of another free book to broaden y’all’s data set
but if so I’ll send y’all The Jaguar Smile by Salman Rushdie. It’s his first non fiction book and is about a visit to Nicaragua during another period of the expansion of Amerikan Empire.
“my pleasure”

Note the parallels to Riley in re the way the Irish were looked down upon by the tooled citizens of “IT”
If y’all will
"I got nothing against no Viet Cong. No Vietnamese ever called me a **."
"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called * people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality.… If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.”
Predictable.....

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
“Right?”
“Right?’
(imho of course)
regardless of the Empire
seen?
No?
Imagine that!
speaks volumes
“Right?”
Typically
whilst moi
Typically
almost 100% of the time
seen?

“my pleasure”

If y’all will
"I got nothing against no Viet Cong. No Vietnamese ever called me a **."
"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called * people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality.… If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.”
No parallels there Pez. My enlistment was over in January 1967 and by then I knew the Vietnam war was not the sort of national emergency men should be drafted for. There was no draft for the Mexican American war. Texas had a treaty as an independent nation for the land north of the Rio Grande, joined the union, and Mexico invaded.

I cheered Ali's choice. Hated the squirmy little draft dodgers that didn't have the balls to stand up to the establishment and ran away though. Ali put everything he had on the line and stood his ground. Good for him!

Hanging deserters? We don't do that anymore but there wasn't a nation on earth then that didn't.

But the Mexican American war was started by Mexico. When Mexico became a state and Mexico invaded less than 4 months later, the anglo population of Texas outnumbered the hispanic population by 10 to 1. Black slaves outnumbered the hispanics 2 to 1. So unless you want to condemn illegal immigration as most of the anglos immigrated to Texas to create a life for themselves against Mexican law; you have no grounds to criticize anglos for the war and far fewer grounds to condemn the US for the war. I would say the way Santa Anna slaughtered the Texians and Tejanos alike at the Alamo and Goliad was plenty grounds for what came next. If you use the Texas declaration of independence as a measure of hispanic support for the Texas cause. . . .it was about 50/50 as >5% of the signers of the declaration were hispanic making up 10% of the population of free men.

However Pez inculcated by his own daddy as he has always been until he realizes it and switches daddies only knows the parts his daddy wants him to know and now finds himself again with his two feet in two rocking boats. Maybe some day Pez will figure it out but it isn't looking good.

IMO, patriotism doesn't require submission it just requires standing up strong for what you believe in and do it without violence against your neighbor and get your facts straight before you do it. Ali's statement is a perfect example of that. The statement of a true patriot and a man that respected his neighbors.

Riley was more of a victim of the times. He immigrated to the US and joined the army thinking that would earn him some respect. When it didn't (many officers were nativists and mistreated the Irish recruits) he deserted and went to Mexico. At the time Mexico was spreading propaganda in multiple language offering deserters higher pay than US army wages, with promises of citizenship and land grants for deserting as Mexico was definitely planning on an invasion of Texas while an independent country with a treaty with Mexico recognizing it for a long time before Texas became a state. So unlike Ali most of the deserters went for the bucks. I suppose none of them got the land grants as no doubt there were for pieces of Texas rather than pieces of the huge land estates that Mexico was carved up into at the time and held by the ruling class (that largely still exists to this day)

Reactions: Pelagic Hunter

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
No parallels there Pez. My enlistment was over in January 1967 and by then I knew the Vietnam war was not the sort of national emergency men should be drafted for. There was no draft for the Mexican American war. Texas had a treaty as an independent nation for the land north of the Rio Grande, joined the union, and Mexico invaded.

I cheered Ali's choice. Hated the squirmy little draft dodgers that didn't have the balls to stand up to the establishment and ran away though. Ali put everything he had on the line and stood his ground. Good for him!

Hanging deserters? We don't do that anymore but there wasn't a nation on earth then that didn't.

But the Mexican American war was started by Mexico. When Mexico became a state and Mexico invaded less than 4 months later, the anglo population of Texas outnumbered the hispanic population by 10 to 1. Black slaves outnumbered the hispanics 2 to 1. So unless you want to condemn illegal immigration as most of the anglos immigrated to Texas to create a life for themselves against Mexican law; you have no grounds to criticize anglos for the war and far fewer grounds to condemn the US for the war. I would say the way Santa Anna slaughtered the Texians and Tejanos alike at the Alamo and Goliad was plenty grounds for what came next. If you use the Texas declaration of independence as a measure of hispanic support for the Texas cause. . . .it was about 50/50 as >5% of the signers of the declaration were hispanic making up 10% of the population of free men.

However Pez inculcated by his own daddy as he has always been until he realizes it and switches daddies only knows the parts his daddy wants him to know and now finds himself again with his two feet in two rocking boats. Maybe some day Pez will figure it out but it isn't looking good.

IMO, patriotism doesn't require submission it just requires standing up strong for what you believe in and do it without violence against your neighbor and get your facts straight before you do it. Ali's statement is a perfect example of that. The statement of a true patriot and a man that respected his neighbors.

Riley was more of a victim of the times. He immigrated to the US and joined the army thinking that would earn him some respect. When it didn't (many officers were nativists and mistreated the Irish recruits) he deserted and went to Mexico. At the time Mexico was spreading propaganda in multiple language offering deserters higher pay than US army wages, with promises of citizenship and land grants for deserting as Mexico was definitely planning on an invasion of Texas while an independent country with a treaty with Mexico recognizing it for a long time before Texas became a state. So unlike Ali most of the deserters went for the bucks. I suppose none of them got the land grants as no doubt there were for pieces of Texas rather than pieces of the huge land estates that Mexico was carved up into at the time and held by the ruling class (that largely still exists to this day)

Great reply Bob. I also believe that when Riley first immigrated here, he could not find a job to feed himself (like so many other Irish immigrants at the time), he did what many new Irish immigrants did and joined. the U.S. army to feed and house him. Yes it's unfortunate that these things happened, but perhaps it was better than living through the potato famine in Ireland at the time?

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
Great reply Bob. I also believe that when Riley first immigrated here, he could not find a job to feed himself (like so many other Irish immigrants at the time), he did what many new Irish immigrants did and joined. the U.S. army to feed and house him. Yes it's unfortunate that these things happened, but perhaps it was better than living through the potato famine in Ireland at the time?
Yeah probably for Riley. Not so much for some of the guys he recruited.

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Riley et al are subject to being subjects of Empire
same as “IT” ever was er uh is
Hey BobO here’s a short piece on how the old empire does “IT”
Enjoy!
ps - just thinking y’all might be able to grok any other country than Amerika doing “IT!”
ROTMFFLMMFACFO

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
Riley et al are subject to being subjects of Empire
same as “IT” ever was er uh is
Hey BobO here’s a short piece on how the old empire does “IT”
Enjoy!
ps - just thinking y’all might be able to grok any other country than Amerika doing “IT!”
ROTMFFLMMFACFO
How about that huh? The Climate Change and Cyber Big Tech cartels teaming up to overthrow a caring guy trying to help the little people in his country by selling them cocaine. Only in this universe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts