Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

Here they come!

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Hithard 
#1 ·
:)Albacore just hit the deck on the Excel! Justin just reported a quadruple troll hookup at 180 miles S. Its the real deal, hope they get up North in a hury!

#7 ·
As usual, you are correct there David. In our case on the RS, we ran through them in local waters trying to get to some YF action around the islands. When that petered out, they didn't want to run back to overnight zone and fish elbow style. Instead, we were part of the best bite ever on yellowtail at Cedros. Made us understand that expression "freelance" often used in the brochures, right? LOL

#14 ·
HD said:
Friday the 13th has always been lucky for me. :tu: Nice & bloody!
Far out! Bloody decks and gold reels! Looks like a good day to me. Of course I'm leaving that day on a 7 day on the Angler, so it's gotta be a good one.

We got the Albacore pretty good on a 2.5 day trip last year. How lucky we were some of the guys will never realize. About the middle of August on the Islander for a Rice Bowl trip and we got 'em two days in a row, capped off with a sundown ripper on the 2nd day. They were eating rope as the sun sank into the ocean.

#17 ·
I'm on the Ricebowl 5 Dayer in mid July. There might still be openings. Always great trips on the Ricebowl/Islander charters! Just got my reels serviced by Hawk, and now all I need to do is add new string and I'm all set! WooHoo!!!!

This post edited by tuna 05/28/2008

#19 ·
Steve K said:
Hithard said:
I should have waited and got on that trip, cause all we got was wideopen yellowtail and dorado. I'm still on the fence about jumping on the early august trip if he has an opening. Are you on that one Steve? How bout Jim?
Tuna Time! I'm on the 8/14-17 3 day and I think Jim is, too.
Mike,

I am on the August 3 day with Steve and the rest of the Rice Bowl crew. The Islander fishes great and Steve is right about the "Ripper" at Sundown...ate everything from 20# to 80# and the blood was a flyin....damn that was cool.

Sorry I missed the ST 3 day........the story why is one of those " I can't believe it" types....it was very cool.

#20 ·
Ray shared with me. I'm was happy to hear of such a great surprise. Congratulations on being able to share such a great event. BTW I hit Ray up for a few pointers and talked him into letting me buy him a meal in exchange for the lesson in wind ons. I may actually jump on the Vag with you guys if there are openings. I have to get permission from the little lady first. Been on the water almost every weekend this month. Looking forward to sharing a rail again with you soon.

BTW I forgot the tonic so I didn't even crack the new bottle. Put a good dent in the VO though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.