Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious, who's been keeping tabs on their annual engine hours and make of engine. I just checked the hour meter. From the year 2000 to end of 2005, I've acquired 2,400-hrs on my 41A volvo diesel. Avg 450-per season for past 5-years. Lot's of good fisherman out there so this should be interesting to see who's hammering away :):)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I put on about 100hrs on the engine last year. But we also have to consider that many boaters, like myself, drift or anchor with the motor off. This can double or triple your hours "on the water".
Musicalmike
Skipjack 20

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I put a lot of time in on the water!
My hour meter is like the odometer on my cars,
it's constantly turning and turning and turning.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
>I put a lot of time in on the water!
>My hour meter is like the odometer on my cars,
>it's constantly turning and turning and turning.
>
>John.
>Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

................ i had a girl friend like that :D

Manny ,
Squid Vicious
1851 Striper WA

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
From July 05 to present...I have 378 hours logged....95% were ocean hours, but not all are fishing. I would estimate at least two thirds were spent fishing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I put 100 hrs on the new FS 250 on my Pursuit just during my Baja trip last Sept. Since I bought the new "big" boat in Jan. I must have put at least 60 hrs. (10 weekends to Cat.) on it. I'm moving the boat to S.D. and the Coral for the summer season and plan on fishing 4 times a month min. as long as I can afford th fuel!

Hoping for a great season this year. See you guys on the water.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just checked, I have 3323.3 hours on the engine, a 5.7 Mercruiser with 2 barrel carb, Alpha I outdrive, boat is a 1997 Trophy 2352. Thats an average of about 370 hours per, for the 9 years I have had this boat. BUT, the last 2 or 3 years, I have only used her just over 200 hours per year, cuz, the offshore fishing has SUCKED. But, we must still go out, even at $3 gallon...

HookEmDanO out......

·
Registered
476 Posts
The good skiff has logged 259 nights on the water since 2000. One hundred and twenty three nights at San Nicolas Island, 99 at SCI, 22 on the Cortes Bank, 13 at SBI, one nignt at Begg Rock and one night at Catalina Island.

Brad

(loves the sea like you wouldn't believe :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm sure I'll need crew for some of the trips this year. One of the beauties of owning your own business is taking off when it's good (midweek). I can't fire myself no matter how much I screw up. I'll keep you in mind and give you a shout on the e-mail when the opportunity arises.

P.S. Congratulations on the new addition!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
In the Spring, as much as the wife will permit and Little League will allow. In the Summer, every weekend and sometimes during the week (with the wife's approval of course).

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts