Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran solo this morning, hoping to diminish the disgust for my last trip and the single sand dab I landed. Yea, I didn't think a post was necessary.

I splashed the boat at Sunset Aquatic a bit before 7am. The water is warm, 70 degrees in some spots and the clarity is decent as well. Where did all the bait go? Weeks ago, clouds of bait were just outside the harbor.

I stopped on the inside of Izors reef complex and several sport boats were in the same area. Fish were on the meter but not interested. A few sporties steamed past on the way to the HB Flats and I figured something must be happening, so I motored down to some structure outside Emmy. The ICON and The City of Long Beach were within casting distance; two more unidentified Moo Moos were in the area to the East. I had a few short bites and reset the boat twice for nothing. Maybe I missed the hot bite, but I didn?t see much landed in my immediate area so I pulled the hook and ran out to the deep end of the Izors.

I found plenty of fish on the meter and dropped some plastic w/squid and a reverse dropper with a whole squid. I set the second rod in the holder and immediately both rods went off. The plastic was on 8lb so I fought the fish for a while, loosing mostly and then the hook pulled. I dropped the bait a few feet and I was picked up again and shortly after I farmed it again. DOH. The second rod was still bouncing and I picked it up and landed a nice 3+lb sand bass. I continued the drift and landed a nice vermillion and two brown rock fish. The vermillion was the largest I have taken from the area. Three more sand bass made it in the boat and I missed a few big hits on the dropper loop.

I needed to get home by noon so I bled two of the rockfish and two sand bass and beat it to the barn. The weather was nice, light winds and a small mix of swell made for a really nice day.

Sorry, no pics, I forgot the camera this trip.

Tight lines,
Steve

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Thanks for the report Steve.....at least you got a few & got out...
My last trip was a bust with camera problems too,so I didn't bother with a post either.

Going out Tomorrow looking for Redemtion as well...... ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.