All Coast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own a 2900VX? Looking for opinions from people who have run this boat. How does she handle, fuel burn ect.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
>Does anyone own a 2900VX? Looking for opinions from people
>who have run this boat. How does she handle, fuel burn ect.

i have never run this boat, nor been on one before, but we use to have a hydra-sports. it was a little 21' center console, and we LOVED that boat. it was SOLID as hell and we never had any problems with the boat. we ended up getting rid of it because the engine blew on it. but i'd definitely consider getting another one.

but if i was gonna get a boat in the 29' range, i'd probably go with the 28' farallon walkaround. TONS of fishing room. full access to the bow without worrying about falling overboard, especially when you're on a fish. nice cabin with seating for four (and i understand you can get a fully enclosed cabin) and a flush deck in the stern.

i'm guessing you'd be looking at about the same price for the farallon as you would the hyrda-sports.

anyway, sorry this wasn't about the hydra-sports, but i figured i'd throw my two cents out there since no one else has.

good luck in the search.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not familiar with that model but my brother has a 24ft Hydra-Sports center console. His is the kevlar hull and all I can say is it is one solid machine. Sharp boat with a real soft ride. A little wet but then you can just outrun the spray. We used to take that boat down 85-90 miles easy and chase tuna.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
>never even seen the Hydra-sports.
>
>If you can afford a Farallon, stop shopping!

i agree. i've only seen the farallon 28' walkaround once at a show, but i fell in love with that boat IMMEDIATELY. and if you can afford a 29' hyrda-sports (with Mercury Twin 225XXL/CXXL Verado you're looking at $166,000+ withOUT options), you can afford a 28' farallon ($81,600 without an engine, but there's no way you're gona add an $80,000 engine).

take a look at the farallon. if you're gonna use this boat for serious fishing it worth at least looking at. if you're not planning on using it for serious fishing, but more for a family type of boat with some fishing, the hydra-sports might be the way to go.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts