Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who don't already know, I only have 1 engine on my Whaler where there used to be two. The funny thing is that I cannot move it to the center since the shaft length would be too short. It runs just fine, but looks terrible. I did, however, fill the empty space with a home made kicker bracket. I thought everyone here needed a good laugh.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
You've got a boat right? Your ahead of about 80% of the members here at AC, so don't worry about what others think....just go out and enjoy it, then post a fish report! :7

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Cosmetics don't catch fish, fisherman do.
Don't sweat the small stuff Steve.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Banned
2,434 Posts
it may seem to work fine, but i would guess a 15% raise in fuel economy if you cut the transom and mount the engine proper

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I had both engines & ran fast in heavy seas, it would wobble a bit. For regular conditions its no problem. I fabricated this myself and it lays down when I cover the boat. 2 pins to remove & lay it down. There are also LED lights under the radome. I could have done a more cosmetic job of securing to the grab rail, but overall I'm satisfied with the antenna mount. I just don't want a full tower.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I was not questioning whether you did right or not Steve.
And who's to say there is a right way or not.
I've been impressed with YOUR technical knowledge ever since
I met you the first time some 3-4 years ago. Remember the
night you were in your small boat out testing your new
LED lights. Those damn lights were blinding red bright!

John.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts