Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent this to me.....I found it to be moving, so i felt it was worth posting.....

With Memorial Day approaching, I wanted to forward this link. It will take to Major League Baseball and automatically to a video of a 1976 Chicago Cubs baseball game. During this game, the Cubs center fielder Rick Monday saves a US flag from being burned by two protesters. It is a great scene. Pass it on if you wish.

CLICK HERE or cut and paste it to your browser.

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/library/open/features/monday_flag_350.wmv?media_type=wms&av_type=video&event_pk=486348&product=gen_video

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
RE: God bless America!

Someone sent me an email with the video attachment yesterday and I felt the same way. We are all very fortunate to live in such a great country. Why someone would come to our country to enjoy it's advantages and then proceed to burn our flag is beyond me. Those two particular would be flag burners are fortunate Rick Monday got to them before Tommy Lasorda. Tommy would have lit something on fire, but I can guarantee it wouldn't have been our flag. Memorial Day weekend is upon us, let us all remember to say a prayer for those that fought and died for our freedoms. My late grandfather served in WWII where he earned a Purple Heart. His service to our country makes me very proud and the sight of his Purple Heart brings tears to my eyes. God bless this great country! Take care and have a great weekend.

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft

1 - 3 of 3 Posts