All Coast banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a trip. Passed the Prevailer in Grants Pass Oregon.
Photo Ho

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=202182&mesg_id=202182&page=

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thats amazing! Also a long way from home!

Matts on this way to Bellingham, WA.....The Prevailer is coming home Longer and stronger! ooops did I say that....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
HAHAHA!!!

Too funny! Man, that is one heck of a drive... Especially towing.

I just got back yesterday morning after a 17 hour haul.. Portland to Ventura. Rained on me the whole way. It took 6 cups of coffee, 3 red bulls, a bag of sunflower seeds, a few candy bars, and some beef Jerky to pull this off. Still recovering.

Prevailer is indeed longer and stronger. An additional 3 ft was added to her stern, topped with a monsterous swim step.

I was a bit dissapointed that ACB wouldn't help me out with doing/or even material for completing the flush deck conversion, especially after much PR and rep work I performed over the last 3 years, not to mention sales. Oh well. I hope for their sake they don't run out of the military contracts they are so pumped up on.

So much for the hand that helped design a functional boat and break ACB into the Recreational/Commercial fishing Market.

American business sure isn't what it used to be these days.

SOOOO.. Time to bust out a Mig and Tig and get the job done right. The end result will be epic. My efforts over the next month will result in a 32ft trailerable boat with 123 sq. ft of open deck space, 4 huge fish holds, and awesome 360 degree fishability.

I have 2 video projects lined up for this season that should air by fall if everything goes right. Mucho Trabajo to get done still, many irons in the fire.

Any local tig/mig guys wanna trade some work for boat time?? lol

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

"to fish or not to fish..now that's a dumb question!"

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
>Prevailer is indeed longer and stronger. An additional 3 ft
>was added to her stern, topped with a monsterous swim step.

Only 3 feet added to the back?
I'd heard more.
Man do fisherman have a tendency to embellish the facts.

>I was a bit dissapointed that ACB wouldn't help me out with
>doing/or even material for completing the flush deck
>conversion, especially after much PR and rep work I performed
>over the last 3 years, not to mention sales. Oh well. I hope
>for their sake they don't run out of the military contracts
>they are so pumped up on.

I'd be disappointed also if I'd poured as much time, effort, and money into your boat as you have.

>American business sure isn't what it used to be these days.

EAT or be EATEN!

On another note . .
Lots and lots of BEEEEEG Halibut caught this past weekend in SMB. :7

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
>>On another note . .
Lots and lots of BEEEEEG Halibut caught this past weekend in SMB.

SUURRRE!
Just rub it in why don't ya...LOL

I'll have plenty of time very soon to stick it to them slabs.

I'm also dealing with a very rare blood disorder called T.H.B. (Toxic Halibut Buildup)The only known cure is fresh halibut sushi.

This rare desease is often accompanied with what is known as B.B.B., or triple B. (Ball Bouncers Blues) The cure for this is lots of ocean air and sunshine, oh and fresh halibut sushi...

These two rare but potentially dangerous illnesses can be harmful to your spouse as well. Often black eyes and body bruises are inadvertently administered from the infected person caused from the act of "setting the hook" in your sleep.

The only known cure is Fresh ocean air and sunshine, Badger burgers, and fresh halibut sushi....

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I'll put some pics up soon.

Right now I'm taking a crash course in tig/mig 101...lol

as the old addage says, "If ya want something done right, do it yourself..."

Might have to contact Niell for some pointers :)

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Matty, if I wasn't in a hury to get down to Shasta for a half day ticket I would have turned arround and messed with you. I can just hear you now. " look at this ass hole on my transom. He drives like he's from California " :)
You crested the grade at 10:25AM Sat morning if you need an alabi (SP)

Photo Ho

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Shoulda flagged me down and taken me skiin' with ya!! Better yet, I had the motor out of the boat, it would have made a great bob-sled..hahaha!

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
RE: Factory blues....

Were they just to busy to help you with the project? Seems like that make-over would have been a no brainer for them.

One thing nice about your Aluminum boat, you can just add more space whenever you want to just add it on!!

My rig is 32' x11'10" walk around pilot house on a trailer, I too hope to go with a flush deck when we repower.

Good luck with your project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts