Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few things that i remember, we're on a trip on the Red Rooster, three passengers have experienced half day trips. Anchored at Clarion all are excited and anticipating arrival of cow yellowfin, the fish are there, bent rods seen all over the vessel watching action on the stern, A new angler, equipped with the latest has just dumped a new 2 speed outfit over the side on a crew hand off. Next is astonishing, a meeting of all concerned have a galley meeting, the angered angler now wants to demonstrate just how it happened,,,,he returne to the stern with another new outfit? You guessed it. Number two goes in the drink.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
A few things that i remember, we're on a trip on the Red Rooster, three passengers have experienced half day trips. Anchored at Clarion all are excited and anticipating arrival of cow yellowfin, the fish are there, bent rods seen all over the vessel watching action on the stern, A new angler, equipped with the latest has just dumped a new 2 speed outfit over the side on a crew hand off. Next is astonishing, a meeting of all concerned have a galley meeting, the angered angler now wants to demonstrate just how it happened,,,,he returned to the stern with another new outfit? You guessed it. Number two goes in the drink.
Ouch!

·
Super Moderator
7,008 Posts
I dropped a 50# outfit (I think an 870) over the stern-rail on the Rooster when I got bit about 15-20 years ago, and another angler got wrapped in it with his fish. We got my outfit back and both fish.

On another trip we had a guy drop a 50W over the side on a drift. On the next drift someone snagged it and we got it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts