All Coast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

My name is Jesse and I am the proud owner of a 2006 Triumph 215cc W/200hp evinrude e-tech. This will be my first trip to Cat Isl in my new transportation. I have fish the Island since I was 8 years old. I wanted everyone to know I read your reports and after reading about the Yellows that showed up, my fever rose. Yellow Tail fever that is. I will post my adventure when I get back. Im traveling from Arizona so it will be Sunday morning or so. My boat name Mix-A-Lot was created because Im a Chemotherapy Pharmacy Technician and a Bartender. So I mix drugs during the day and drinks at night. I hope to keep in contact with you all and keep the channels open on the report. Everyone have a very safe weekend.

Mix-A-Lot

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Congrats to you on your new boat - that's a nice rig!

Check the weather carefully. Right now in the Catalina channel, there are gale warnings posted and it's blowing sustained 20-25 knots (with gusts to 35) and the combined seas are 8-10 feet.

It's supposed to die down a bit by Friday but the forecast is still not good with combined seas of at least 5-7 feet.

Sounds like you are making a long trip just to get here to launch so check the weather to avoid making the long drive just to have to abort your trip.

Be safe.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hi Buddie,

I second what Aloharob is saying. You could be putting yourself and your crew in extrem danger on Fri. It would be good, if you had a few runs in calmer conditions on your beautiful new boat, to make sure everything is up to snuf. Their are always bugs in a new boat. If you can delay to Sat or Sun, I believe it's doable. I'm planning on a run Sat myself.

Take Care,

Rick/Tugfire

26ft Glacier Bay Cat

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have 20 bait cages and ten nets ready to go and here I sit on my big [email protected]# waiting on the weather.

I'm only going out 2 miles and you are going 20 plus and around the back side of the Island on the West End worst yet.

The wind is coming out of the North West and you are going to the North West side of the Island (Catch my drift).

Be carefull stay alive.

Don

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dang, I am soooo jealous! I bought a 195cc in March, love the boat but kinda wish I'da gone with the 215cc. I'm really impressed that they put a 200HP motor on that boat. When I looked at the 215, they had a 150 Yamaha four stroke on it. Did you buy the boat from Joe in Ontario? They're good people. Good luck & what the other guys said, be careful and make sure you've got all your safety gear. (you have a sea anchor?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts