All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriend's bday is next week and i'm thinking about taking her to the island for a night. can anyone suggest a nice (read: clean with no bugs somewhat close to the water) that's inexpensive ($100 or so)????

thanks.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
That price range is tough during the summer...Give the Avalon Chamber of Commrce a call. They have info on a lot of the hotels. Some have a two day minimum. We like the Pavilion.Has a breakfast buffet in summer and is on the main drag, yet, quiet and clean..There are also Avalon and Catalina web sites with info..

·
Banned
2,434 Posts
double that room rate to start, it's summer....i've been staying at the Zane Grey since the 70's...up on the hill by the chimes.....been a decade since i was there last

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The guys are spot-on about price. Anything nice is $200 or over this time of year. Sometimes you can luck into a $180 or something but $100 is not there for the decent places. As Bill suggested, I think the Pavilion is a great choice due to location, recently renovated rooms, free contintal b'fast etc.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for the replys. looks like everything's booked up anyway, so i'm gonna have to find something else to do. unless she wants to sleep on a can in avalon on my dad's center console. :D

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts