All Coast banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the majority of boards enable members to attach a picture with a report with marginal effort. I realize most of the Regular AC Pic vets here are more-than well versed in this process. Ideas or input for improving the process here at AC for adding pics/attachments for those with less knowledge/time? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
The board software does not have a direct photo upload feature. That is why we set up the Allcoast Photo Board. We should make sure it is included in the next software upgrade.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Good point, Cappy.
I'm involved more on another place (!) and uploading pics to a post is a cakewalk there...I'm sure YOU KNOW the deal there...
In fact, all of the other sites I frequent have extremely simple procedures for adding pics...it's no more than two mouse clicks. Why we have to have a multi-step clusterfudge to post here is beyond me...
See ya at the bottom of the next red one, pal!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Dave,
Are you busy this weekend? While Tim is cavorting around on the Mexican Riviera the weather is looking really nice for that outer island run. I can't go until Sunday though. Let me know if you're up for it.

Jenny

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
We were up lat weekend and it was too windy. I've put Jason on alert that if the weather is nice Jack and I will head up Saturday night to fish Sunday. Ellie has a Christmas Performance thing for her preschool on Saturday afternoon so that's why I can't do Saturday. Looks like the forecast is already changing though so let's keep an eye on it and decide in a day or two. Talk to you later.

Jenny

Gary, We are trying to make it out to Miguel and beyond for some quality rockfish.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
i personally think it's pretty easy to put pictures up here, and one of the reasons i do it on almost all my posts. once it did it twice i had the hang of it. i just open up two internet browsers at the same time and all it takes is a right mouse click, a copy and paste and there it is. pretty easy if you ask me.

just my two cents.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Hi Moorefish2,

As I want the capability to have my pictures appear effortlessly in more than one website and clean ...... without the stamping BS, I use a very good free, unlimited photo archiving site and then simply link the pics on that site to the body of the post I am making here or elsewhere.

As a backup .... I also post my photos that are in my reports on the Allcoast photo gallery too. Got it wired ..... as usual .....if I say so myself!!

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Hi Mike,

If I can be of any help as it relates to this please do not hesitate to contact me.
I'll be more then happy to help you.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
93 Posts
>I've noticed that the majority of boards enable members to
>attach a picture with a report with marginal effort. I realize
>most of the Regular AC Pic vets here are more-than well versed
>in this process. Ideas or input for improving the process here
>at AC for adding pics/attachments for those with less
>knowledge/time? Thanks.

I believe this current dcscripts forum software is free.
You get what you pay for!

Vbulletin at $160 bucks would allow awesome searching, one click photo post, all the options..... and safety stuff like not having your email address possibly getting botted with every post you make.

But if it ain't broke.......

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
"I believe this current dcscripts forum software is free.
You get what you pay for!

Vbulletin at $160 bucks would allow awesome searching, one click photo post, all the options..... and safety stuff like not having your email address possibly getting botted with every post you make.

But if it ain't broke......."

Actually the software we use was not free. It was more expensive then the Vbulletin. It was the only game in town way back when we started having messageboards.
We have owned Vbulletin for a long time and I wanted to use it but was asked not to because people were so used to our existing that it would rock the boat.
Don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts