All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are on the left side of the main channel.
If you are coming in the harbor (west end light)you will see the bait receivers to your left. Before you get to the receivers you will hang a right. Go about 1/3 mile and they are on your left. If you go to far you will hit the next channel which is a dead end Cabrillo marina is the last channel you will hit, don't buy fuel there too expensive.
As far as price goes it changes all the time. Make sure and check before you pump and taking a calculator with you is not a bad idea.
Figure probably around 2.40 plus tax as of today.

P

·
Registered
257 Posts
sleigher, thanks for this info. it saves the day.

depending on the current price in MDR tomorrow, a boat ride may be on the agenda.

·
Registered
257 Posts
RE: MDR Price

i would definitely report.....but my friend fueled today in MDR. prices were "down" to 3.34/gallon at a volume of 500 gallons or more. he didn't want to drive to san pedro afterall....but it's still good to know where it is.

if anyone knows for a fact what the prices are there i'd still like to know.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Fueled up there about 2 weeks ago and it was $2.89 but I only got 180 gallons.
Prices have gone down since then and the price for 500 gallons will be cheaper.
If I figure it right your friend would have saved at least .50 per gallon. $250 bucks?
That's not accounting for the trip to the fuel dock but it is not so far out of the way to the areas that have been producing the best Marlin.
Just my 2 cents.
John

·
Registered
7,160 Posts

Boy have you opened a can of worms!

I was having breakfast yesterday morning along with a number of other
folks, one of them was Craig Campbell . . apparently you took it upon
yourself to submit a letter/article to the THE LOG fishwrap. I haven't
read it yet, but Craig's attorneys are going over it very closely.
I kept hearing the word 'slander' come up and discussed, and like I
said I haven't read YOUR letter/article yet, I will tonight. Don't go
too far, I have a feeling they just might be contacting you shortly/soon.

Craig asked me to ask you the exact date where the gas in the
Marina went up 60 cents in one-day, when/what was the date?

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
>My buddy is planning on fueling up before the catalina
>classic tourney and mentioned Jankovick as a possible option.
> Neither of us have ever been there....we've only heard by
>word of mouth.
>
>Can someone please advise us on what the current price is per
>gallon including taxes? i'm told they won't quote it over the
>phone.
>
>Also, can someone tell an approximate location for it? The
>boat is coming from MDR, and LA harbor is a BIG place...easy
>to miss a fuel dock!
>
>Thanks in advance for the help/info.

oceanjake,

My bet is the price at J&S might be lower than you think, taxed diesel at the pump was $2.59 a gallon yesterday in Long Beach

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wow that's a huge differential. I don't buy fuel at the dock so I am uninformed to say the least, but what could possibly cause the price of diesel to be almost a dollar a gallon more 30 miles down the road?
CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
303 Posts

John,

I am not a lawyer, just an investigator, but my understanding is spoken is slander and written is libel. If they are talking about slander when it is in written form...I'd get a new lawyer. Real busy at work right now but I wanna chat before the season okay?

Andy
Parker 2520
"Fat Daddy"

·
Registered
7,160 Posts

No problem just give me a call during the day Andy.

TOEMAYTOE or TOEMAHTOE makes me NO DIFF, nor does libel or slander.
My point is some people need to think about what they say annnnnd write
before they open their pie hole or pull the trigger on the POST button.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
>Wow that's a huge differential. I don't buy fuel at the dock
>so I am uninformed to say the least, but what could possibly
>cause the price of diesel to be almost a dollar a gallon more
>30 miles down the road?
>CHRIS
>A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

Chris,

I'm sure it's many factors why the'r is such a huge difference, in LA/Long Beach Harbor they sell millions of gallons of diesel to commercial boats, MDR has lots of expensive private yatchs!

·
Registered
5,311 Posts

>Boy have you opened a can of worms!
>
>I was having breakfast yesterday morning along with a number
>of other
>folks, one of them was Craig Campbell . . apparently you took
>it upon
>yourself to submit a letter/article to the THE LOG fishwrap. I
>haven't
>read it yet, but Craig's attorneys are going over it very
>closely.
>I kept hearing the word 'slander' come up and discussed, and
>like I
>said I haven't read YOUR letter/article yet, I will tonight.
>Don't go
>too far, I have a feeling they just might be contacting you
>shortly/soon.
>
>Craig asked me to ask you the exact date where the gas in the
>Marina went up 60 cents in one-day, when/what was the date?
>
>John.
>Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

Thanks for the laughs John, perhaps you ought to heed your own advice regarding the "trigger" on the post button. To the layman this little rant of your's reads like: "What on earth are you talking about" .............Ho ho Ha Ha He He

PS email works great, along with that private mesaage feature

in other words use your own head befor you pull the trigger on the post button.............. Sheeeeesh

·
Registered
7,160 Posts

>>Boy have you opened a can of worms!
>>
>>I was having breakfast yesterday morning along with a number
>>of other
>>folks, one of them was Craig Campbell . . apparently you
>took
>>it upon
>>yourself to submit a letter/article to the THE LOG fishwrap.
>I
>>haven't
>>read it yet, but Craig's attorneys are going over it very
>>closely.
>>I kept hearing the word 'slander' come up and discussed, and
>>like I
>>said I haven't read YOUR letter/article yet, I will tonight.
>>Don't go
>>too far, I have a feeling they just might be contacting you
>>shortly/soon.
>>
>>Craig asked me to ask you the exact date where the gas in
>the
>>Marina went up 60 cents in one-day, when/what was the date?
>>
>>John.
>>Parker 2320 'FloMar'.
>
>
>Thanks for the laughs John, perhaps you ought to heed your
>own advice regarding the "trigger" on the post button. To the
>layman this little rant of your's reads like: "What on earth
>are you talking about" .............Ho ho Ha Ha He He
>
>PS email works great, along with that private mesaage feature
>
>in other words use your own head befor you pull the trigger on
>the post button.............. Sheeeeesh

That's amazing how YOU can interpret that as a rant.
Hey, you're welcome to your opinion . . no problem.
Laughter is good, glad to help you out.

I provided feedback to someone who has taken it upon themselves
to criticize/flame the NEW owner of the Marina Del Rey Fuel Dock
for his/their fuel pricing on the internet, via email, in THE LOG
fishwrap, and even in a face-to-face encounter.

Choose your own vehicle for communication and I'll choose mine okay.

Perhaps not.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yup, lots of big yachts with 200 hrs on the meter. The question was more rhetorical than anything else.
CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
278 Posts

Why is it a problem to discuss and or criticize the price a company sells it products for to the public? Didnt the public and media do the same to the oil companies that sell the same product? I found the history of ownership interesting and informative. This was a good discussion of where and from whom the public should buy a product from. By reading some of the posts on this subject, some members of this board may be a little to close to this subject.

For me, the price of fuel was a large part of my decision to keep my boat in LA Harbor. With diesel costs from $0.50 to over $1.00 a gallon less than other harbors, the savings are substantial over a year. We burn over 2500 gallons a year. The savings amount to between 40 and 70% of my annual slip costs, or all my insurance and bottom service for the year.

JMHO

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
>Yup, lots of big yachts with 200 hrs on the meter. The
>question was more rhetorical than anything else.
>CHRIS
>A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

Chris,

I know there's a little more to the MDR story and I've heard lots of bit and pieces but nothing worth repeating!

·
Registered
257 Posts

ok here's setting the record straight:

i did not FLAME anyone. i came down to the bait dock to talk to larry one day and one of the attendants on duty that i talk to regularly told me that fuel prices had just gone up 60 cents in one day. if you can't believe the guy that is on duty at the fuel dock regarding the prices, who do you believe? that same person told me when i asked who i could talk to regarding prices that the manager of a boatyard across the way was now in charge of the fuel dock and he would be the one to talk to.

i went away from that knowing that my tanks were down about 400 gallons and i would need to pony up to the pump soon. disappointed with the fuel prices i came on allcoast and started a post about it, which was not the first one i'd seen complaining about the prices by the way.

jsea posted an incredibly neutral tidbit of information (contact name and phone number) and i took advantage of it and sent a very polite email to craig. he in turn sent a reply that was professional and cleared up a couple of questions and corrected me on a couple of points. a few things did not make logical sense though so i sent a reply to him....to which i never heard back. that was fine. i was surprised frankly to hear back the first time, since fuel costs are such an obvious concern and i'm sure he's heard about it from more than just me.

not satisfied with my one email reply from the fuel dock manager, i wrote a letter stating what i had learned up to that point to the log, suggesting that they do some investigation and write a story. i felt that fuel prices locally would be of large interest and an article would be well received. my letter to the log was not for the intention of printing and circulating. i wanted a news service to look into things and inform myself AND the public of their findings.

at some point i had to fuel up before a week long trip on my boat. i fueled at the local dock and it turned out craig campbell was on the dock that day helping out. he seemed like a nice man. i introduced myself as the person that had written the email to him. he mentioned that he got my second email but hadn't gotten back to me. we talked for about five minutes boatside and that was that. i pretty much had dropped the subject weeks earlier.

a couple weeks later the log wrote me and said they thought it was a worthy story. they said that they'd be interested in doing a story and asked if they could print a portion of my letter.

i now get an email from a member of this forum asking for a date to go along with some information that's printed in the log. along with it comes a suggestion to get my ducks in a row because some attorneys may be contacting me. i go to a local marine store to see what's in print and my letter is in there (minus the portion asking the log to investigate and write their own story) complete with a "by" line and my name. what the hell???? you would think i was paid to write an article or something....not really all that cool!

jsea, it seems to me that you're pretty much against me on everything i post. perhaps i just should stop posting altogether like so many others. really shameful because this is a great board and i'm a huge proponent of information sharing. i've seen you on larry's dock several times and even spoken with you but haven't bothered to bring up allcoast because any conversation that arose from that couldn't be good.

anyhow, that pretty much clears the record for me. it probably wasn't that great of you to contact me via email if it was on behalf of a company that may be considering a lawsuit. do i need to find another board or what? it's kinda hard to be a part of one where the moderator has something against you.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts

I have nothing against you or anyone else that posts here, absolutely nothing.
I disagree with some, I agree with some, and and I'm indifferent to some.
We are are talking about one subject only, nothing else in this case.
And that applies for everything else, discuss the subject at hand.
I appreciate your input as well as everyone elses here.

You are welcome here asis anyone else that wants to participate here.
You broke no posting rules!
So bring on your next subject okay.
The next time you're at the bait dock I welcome the fact you might introduce yourself and discuss whatever is on your mind, okay Jake.

Take care.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts