All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this boat today, and the boat has a bow rail and im trying to figure out how to mount a trolling motor on top and at the same time keep the bow rail, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
first off, welcome to allcoast!!!!

second, congrats on the new boat!!!!

third, if you post this on the technical board with some pictures of the boat you'll probably get some GREAT responses.

good luck.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
745 Posts
If your talking Boston Whaler try the forums on http://www.continuouswave.com/
There is a wealth of info available on this site and some very helpful knowlegable people there.
Good luck and welcome to Allcoast.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That Dauntless hull sure rides better than the old Montauks and outrages,The vee is way better,I was looking at them but they cost big $$$$$,right now I looking around for a 15" Hobie powerskiff,biggest little boat I've ever ridden,They were designed by the famous old surfer Phil Edwards

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'll have to say you are correct on the pounding you can take in a Montauk. Blood in the urine. Still the most stable fishing platform you can find. I saw one of the Hobie skiffs recently and it looked pretty cool but really small. I would think it would be just as bad in a good chop.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My freind has a Hobie skiff w/ a 50hp Honda on it,We've fished it when it was blowing 15-20 knots and it fits really well,pretty dry too,like I said it's the biggest little boat I've ever ridden and I've ridden a few in my time........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts