Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to Avila beach next Friday. I'm not very familier with the launching facilities. If I remember correctly they had a hoist system last time I was there with a Seadoo. I have a 20' Skipjack. Can I launch out of Avila, or is there an alternative close by? Any tips? I've never launched or fished in that area before. My Mother in law invited our family up for the weekend, so I figure I'd tow up the boat and get her wet. Weather depandant,any sugestions for a first timer to the area. Are there any Salmon running right now?

Musicalmike
Skipjack 20

·
Registered
542 Posts
The "Portside Marine" lift can handle your boat no problem...they may have some issues with your trailer design as the sling needs to get underneath it. But they can usually figure it out! They are catching salmon with many silvers mixed in. If salmon is slow, there are many good rockfish spots. WATCH the weather as it can get snotty up there really fast. I brought a 53' boat from Morro Bay to Avila last Friday and it was nice outside until I rounded Pt. Buchon then a 30+ knot wind blew me into Avila...glad I was going into it. Good luck, Del and Marty will take care of you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts