Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been too long off the the water. My girlfriend had been wanting to go fishing in the bay as she gets seasick but loves the outdoors. We had plans to put a big halibut onboard and had our chance twice, but unbuttoned both of the right kind.

Probably a bigger deal was that Amy got her first (and second and third) saltwater fish. She couldn't believe how hard it pulled, can't wait till she hooks a yellow!

We had a blast, the weather was beautiful, and she got to stop at the Yardhouse back in Shoreline for a Halibut dinner anyhow! She's hooked, can't wait to go again. Ran only 16 miles and burned only 8 gallons. Water was warm and clean green near the islands. Its looking good and I'm already looking for another shot.

Here's a pic of the first one. She's probably the only person in the world who thinks these things are "cute." She has wierd taste, I guess thats how she got me!

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You ain't kiddin! First thing I heard was "Ya know hun, you really could use a boat with a bathroom instead of that bucket thing....and some curtains, little doiley's for my wine coolers, and..." I think I'm in trouble now. $$$$ :)

This post edited by FishBreath 06/23/2008

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pelagic - I call them the same as SherThang....Shovelnose shark

Casey - Maybe thats where it came from!..hmmm?....good thing she didn't get to go on that Hatteras Bullrider with us or I might be having to get a second and third job just to pay the fuel for one of those!

Thanks guys, I'd recommend others thinking about it to do the same kind of trip with their kids or significants as its real mellow in the harbor (especially around the lee of the islands) and you can run in, grab a courtesy dock, and go ashore for a bite to eat or cocktails when they start getting restless. Breaks it up into simple digestible bites that will leave a positive first impression and won't burn them out on the fishing experience. Very important IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.