Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, it seems like I just got back, but I am so excited about the chance to fish with my brother Willy, Fishybuzz, Iron Thrower, Boltar, Mike Thompson(maybe Carol too), OT and Cherie. I have packed and unpacked my tackle box three times already. I just totally re-organized my hook tray. Making topshots every night of both flouro(Seaguar only) and mono(two different brands too) I mean, I'm supposed to be a veteran that takes an 8 day trip in stride, right? I just had the 17 day trip of a lifetime, but I'm ready to jump outta my skin here. Must be time to hit the cardio machine and work some of this excitement off.

This post edited by wahoodad 06/24/2008

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Man oh man I thought maybe I was the only one excited about this trip.....this has been the kick off trip for my LR fishing season which ends for me in early Dec for the past 6 years, it used to be the willy/seeker trip now it's the wahoodad/willy trip... how cool can it get... to share 8 days with some of the best people around not to mention some of the best sticks you'll find on a LR boat. Well maybe a 10 day In late November in cow town with same people will be just as cool..LOL My wife just steps over the gear bags, rod carriers and assorted piles cause she knows this is what I live for and is excited for me.... Rodless I KNOW you will join us next year we'll be saving you a spot on the rail. But I will say I am really gonna miss the main man...Jorge.

This post edited by fishybuzz 06/12/2008

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have reel bags in the front room along with bundles of rods, a duffle of clothes in Dillon's room, plano trays in the kitchen, I have stuff all over the house. Glad I'm not the only one.

This post edited by wahoodad 06/12/2008

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I have stuff all over the place for a couple of days for a 1 or 2 day on my boat!! The wife stopped complaning about it since it is just a fact of life for us fisherman. We cant do this stuff in the garage. :p Unless of course you have a couch, tv, ect. 8)

I hope you guys have a great trip! :tu: I am green with envy! @(

Chris

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Ain't life grand! I'm gettin' a little Jonesy myself; just one more day of work, and that's not going to be very productive. I've been waking up earlier and earlier this week. Just have to pick out the rods and get them bundled, zip up the reel bag and the tackle bag, and tomorrow night, I'll be packing up my seabag with all my clothes and stuff. Leaving here shortly after the Lakers/Celtics game as it's the last one of the series I'll get to watch. Planning on arriving Point Loma around 5:00 A.M. and grabbing an good spot in line with Jim and Mark. Jim's boys will be joining us fashionable late around 9:00 A.M.

I'm like the duck on the pond; calm above the water and paddling like crazy under the water.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Add me to the jealous list-damn!

Have a blast guys, and I'll console myself by getting ready for November. Just 5 months, 3 days away...and already my rods and reels are matched and picked out. Its my only SD trip of the year this year; right now it looks like I'll have to pacify myself with an occaisional local trip until then (but I'm standby on a 3 day in July).

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Its so strang how this trip is affecting us. Even with my bad back, yesterday, I did the same thing Hoodad. Hobbling around going thru my tackle bag, arranging hooks. Checking the LTL's making sure I have enough an the right sizes. Wondering if I should bring my needle kit, right reels to right sticks. Its not like its my first trip LR fishing. LMAO. An Fishy, just how much are you bringing?? I have (1) of your rod holders with 5/6 sticks in it, your custom jigging stick from MOONS, your two piece spinning stick, one trolling stick, bag of plastics, flouro, iron, waiting for one stick from Jim that he's working on, picking up your reels from Cofe, just how much are you bringing????? ROTFLMAO!!!!! ohhhhh AN YOUR CLUB SODA!! Only thing I haven't done is pack my cloths. That will be at least a in/out of the bag checking at least 3 times, then theirs the booze to bring................ Good thing we have 2 weeks left.

So Hoodad, David, we just have to consider that this is a special trip an just remember we have to do this all over again in Nov.

Hollywood

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
"So Hoodad, David, we just have to consider that this is a special trip and just remember we have to do this all over again in Nov." I think it's easier to pack for that November ten day than it is to pack for these spring trips. Heck, I've got four or five outfits to set up just for the Yellowtail fishing. November for me will be three 50 sized reels and a 30, 40 and 50 lb for making bait and goofing around on the way down or on the way up. Leaders and wind-ons, I think I'll wait until I get on the boat so I can have David check my crimps.;)

This post edited by Steve K 06/12/2008

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
fishybuzz said:
...Rodless I KNOW you will join us next year we'll be saving you a spot on the rail...
As a former offensive lineman, I feel obliged to warn you that saving me a space on the rail might require a few extra inches...

;)

Fishy, Wahoodad, Willy...and especially Robert and Cherie...in fact, all of my AC friends who are going on this trip, ride well, annoy fish, and most of all, return safely to fish another day. Hopefully with me!

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Iron Thrower said:
Its so strang how this trip is affecting us. Even with my bad back, yesterday, I did the same thing Hoodad. Hobbling around going thru my tackle bag, arranging hooks. Checking the LTL's making sure I have enough an the right sizes. Wondering if I should bring my needle kit, right reels to right sticks. Its not like its my first trip LR fishing. LMAO. An Fishy, just how much are you bringing?? I have (1) of your rod holders with 5/6 sticks in it, your custom jigging stick from MOONS, your two piece spinning stick, one trolling stick, bag of plastics, flouro, iron, waiting for one stick from Jim that he's working on, picking up your reels from Cofe, just how much are you bringing????? ROTFLMAO!!!!! ohhhhh AN YOUR CLUB SODA!! Only thing I haven't done is pack my cloths. That will be at least a in/out of the bag checking at least 3 times, then theirs the booze to bring................ Good thing we have 2 weeks left.

So Hoodad, David, we just have to consider that this is a special trip an just remember we have to do this all over again in Nov.

Hollywood

LMAO... Iron Thrower you should know me by now and don't forget we have a six day coming up too....:p

Rodless we'll save a BIG spot on the rail.....

SteveK I hope you and Jim put the hurt on the bluefin...but leave a couple for us....be safe.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I haven't had any time to do anything other than keep my crazy middle school students from jumping out of their skin!

It's all going to be a rush for me after Wed of next week when I get out of school.

I'll be going over to Willy's to swipe some line this weekend but other than that, the only thing I'll be able to do is sharpen the hooks on my irons.

I definitely feel the same thing you guys do I just can't do anything about it.

Fishy, what's the plan? When you coming in?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
fishybuzz said:
...Rodless we'll save a BIG spot on the rail...
OK, now we're talking!

I can only repeat my two salient comments:

1. I am so envious, I think I might actually start coming apart at the seams.

2. I really hope you guys have a safe trip, with smooth seas, fine weather, and a hot bite...and that you all come home safe and sound.

As for me, I am looking at flights and shipping to get my fat butt back to NoCal, and then a strategy to start assembling at least some of my own gear. Maybe by this time next year, I can be the one who starts the "I am so excited" thread...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Steve/David, I expect a full written report since I am joining you guys next year on this trip. I do offer prayers for travel mercies and I hope the fish are boiling everywhere around you. I have a month and a week before I leave and it seems like I have been waiting forever. Have a safe, fun filled, productive trip. Hand Willy a camera since he can't fish and post 1000's of pics.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Boltar said:
I haven't had any time to do anything other than keep my crazy middle school students from jumping out of their skin! It's all going to be a rush for me after Wed of next week when I get out of school. I'll be going over to Willy's to swipe some line this weekend but other than that, the only thing I'll be able to do is sharpen the hooks on my irons. I definitely feel the same thing you guys do I just can't do anything about it. Fishy, what's the plan? When you coming in? [/quote Mark, I fly in Thursday at 3 p.m. willy said he'll pick me up pick up then we get the chicken feet, and I'll stay overnight at his house...that's if he is feeling up to it and is on the trip...if not Iron Thrower will pick me up at the airport then we'll go get the feet and we'll stay at the Vagabond... Are you coming in with willy???? Looking forward to this trip...it's been awhile since you and I have gone fishing together...hmmmm maybe this is the year we'll get you to eat some feet....LOL

This post edited by fishybuzz 06/12/2008

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
"Steve K I hope you and Jim put the hurt on the bluefin...but leave a couple for us...."

Sure would be nice to catch one or two of those. Sure makes for a good sashimi spread on the boat at snack time. Looks like I'll have an opportunity to give my new Tyrnos 12II a chance to show how well it works. I went ahead and connected up some of that 60 lb hollow to a couple of leaders of 40 lb mono and fluoro. Ought to be the ticket!

They're not getting their money's worth out of me today. I don't think I'm gonna make it much past noon before I bail out after setting up the Office Assistant (Out of the Office) on the company email. Let somebody else deal with it, I'm going fishing!

Sure hope the boss does not follow Allcoast.;)

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I'm 95% sure Willy will be going. Whether he wets a line or not is another story!

I know we haven't fished together in a little while so I'll remind you. I'm from Tennessee. My grandfather owned a poultry farm. I know what those chicken walk through everyday of their short lives. Boltar don't eat no chicken feet!:
I'm looking forward to some dim sum but I'll let you and the others "enjoy" da feets!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I know we haven't fished together in a little while so I'll remind you. I'm from Tennessee. [/quote]

Boltar, where in TN are you from? Are you the UT fan that Willy warned me about? I live just outside of Memphis and I am on this same trip next year.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I'm originally from Memphis.

My mother is from Tennessee and my dad's from Alabama. Other than us and one uncle who lives in NorCal, all my relatives live south of the Mason - Dixon line.

I have an aunt who lives in Maryville and that's where I got my passion for UT football. She lives and dies Volunteer football. We moved out here when I was younger (father in the Navy) but I've been a fan for about 30 yrs now.

It's hard to be a Vol fan when you're 6-0, 325 lbs. When I wear my orange, I look like a big [email protected]

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Boltar,,,,,,,, Have never met you but will be on the trip also.. Being 320 an 6ft....... I will for sure get the hell outa your way when your comming down the rail.... be looking forward to meeting you................Hope Willy is in great shape an makes it on this trip.

Hollywood

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.