Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderators you know what the hell I'm talking about. My replies to Taurus's post regarding an inapropriate word should not have been removed from the board! It was an eye opener and should have been allowed to remain to wake those few ignorant donky's up that make our county look bad! It's there (Racism)and all some people want to do is cover it up and think it will go away. Just remember Racism exisits only because of a few donkys and sheep. What do sheep do? they follow each other.......... Just push it under the carpet where you think it should be! Way to goooooo!

ABMF

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
>Moderators you know what the hell I'm talking about. My
>replies to Taurus's post regarding an inapropriate word should
>not have been removed from the board! It was an eye opener
>and should have been allowed to remain to wake those few
>ignorant donky's up that make our county look bad! It's there
>(Racism)and all some people want to do is cover it up and
>think it will go away. Just remember Racism exisits only
>because of a few donkys and sheep. What do sheep do? they
>follow each other.......... Just push it under the carpet
>where you think it should be! Way to goooooo!
>
>ABMF

Nothing was pushed under the carpet!
I locked and hid the post for the sake of the overall board.
Racist comments are never appreciated here, certainly not by me.
I don't appreciate YOU stating both Louis and I swept something under the carpet!
He's been out of town, and I was gone for the whole weekend, 2nd one in a row.

This is a fishing site first!

Here's the post in question, and it's not coming back so
the ALLCOAST environment can be compromised any further.

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=315&topic_id=144126&mesg_id=144126#144234

It really pisses me off what you said about Louis and I! x(

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Taurus's post was not aimed at anyone, And JJ, your response is ridiculous. The point is we have become overly sensitive and PC as a society. Perhaps you are a puss and easily hurt. Was Johnny Carson a racist?

People like you are one of several reason I do not post much on Allcoast.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Kamasu,

Thanks for pointing out that the J word is considered a slur by Japanese Americans. I didn't know that, or rather didn't really think about it. I grew up around the Sawtelle/Stoner ave neighborhood in WLA, and when I think back to how I referred to the neighborhood, I believe I always called it a predominently Japanese neighborhood, not by the J word. Using the J word instead, I can sense its negativity, probably stemming from all those WWII movies I grew up on. I'm sure Taurus had no malicious intention in using the word, he is not that kind of person, but eliminating from popular use words that wound and that are rooted in historical racism is not just politically correct, but an issue of sensitivity and of being politically and socially polite.

Fish the Tides - Freddie

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can be a real man and apologize to you for making you angry! So fist, I hope you accept my apologies. Second, I was not implying in any way that you were a racist but the tread continued to go on and on without any intervention from you and now youâ??re mad at me for stating nothing but the truth. I posted my comments which were telling it just like it was. Then suddenly it was gone. Why are you angry at me? If anyone should be angry it should be the ones that were offended by the comments made by multiple people who continued to go on and on. Yes this is a fishing site and I enjoy it a lot. I think you guys do an outstanding job and I greatly appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the community. My main issue is the ignorance of a few people who carry it beyond what this site is. A place where all who shares the same passion of fishing can talk and share their stories. So once again I apologize and hope that you will put a handle on those few people who take the fishing issue beyond what it really should be. I would love to hear any comments.

Daniel

24ft SeaCraft "KAMASU"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know Badger this isnâ??t the first time I have had issues with you! Being tough is not being strong as I'm sure you are. Being tough is standing up for your rights and having the ability to speak your mind without belittling or decimating ones character. You do that very well which tells me you have many insecurities.... You are nothing more than one of the sheep I was referring to. You may be strong but you sure as hell have no intelligence and are obviously ignorant. A lack of intelligence and a lot of ignorance is what creates racism. I really don't believe youâ??re a racist??? but I know you don't have very much dignity do you? Your actions and comments are the very root of racism. Why? Because this "issue" went right over you head and you failed to absorb the main "issue". Your comments reflect that. I'm a pussy, my feeling are hurt and I should grow tougher skin. Instead of tring to understand you like to BADGER people. Hence your name! You appear to have a brain that lacks the ability to understand the whole picture (Donkey) or for this matter (badger). I don't want to bring myself down to your level but I sure hope you can gain some respect for others since you have no respect for yourself big guy. Grow-up the world does not revolve around ones strength but only his intelligence. You have a long ways to go. Also let me make this clear "my feeling were not hurt" because I'm not the one who has problems, you definatly doooo.

Daniel

24ft SeaCraft "KAMASU"

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
>I can be a real man and apologize to you for making you
>angry! So fist, I hope you accept my apologies. Second, I
>was not implying in any way that you were a racist but the
>tread continued to go on and on without any intervention from
>you and now youâ??re mad at me for stating nothing but the
>truth. I posted my comments which were telling it just like it
>was. Then suddenly it was gone. Why are you angry at me? If
>anyone should be angry it should be the ones that were
>offended by the comments made by multiple people who continued
>to go on and on. Yes this is a fishing site and I enjoy it a
>lot. I think you guys do an outstanding job and I greatly
>appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the community. My
>main issue is the ignorance of a few people who carry it
>beyond what this site is. A place where all who shares the
>same passion of fishing can talk and share their stories. So
>once again I apologize and hope that you will put a handle on
>those few people who take the fishing issue beyond what it
>really should be. I would love to hear any comments.
>
>Daniel
>
>24ft SeaCraft "KAMASU"

First off I accept your apology.

I'm angry about the fact you implied the post was swept under the carpet.
Louis and I are the moderators here.
I meet everything and everyone head-on, I always have and I always will!
Because I locked and hid the post for the overall sake of
ALLCOAST as a whole you label it sweeping it under the carpet.
Yeah, it may not have met your needs . . but it met the guidelines
the OWNER of this site has layed out for US the moderators here.
A number of people complained via email and I figured where there's smoke there's fire.
I never even read the post before I pulled the trigger!

I DO have a life, and I'm about to exercise my option to get back to it.

This is the 2nd weekend in a row I get ripped by someone for not
doing something that I had no knowledge of until after the weekend.
It's like I can't even go fishing anymore w/o babysitting here.

Some people need thicker skin and some need to be more sensitive.

I don't know what else to tell you.

You want to talk more about this with me, take it offline .
(714) 342-5224.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Banned
6,015 Posts
Hello Daniel

First I would like to say I agree with you about John being a good moderator. John is tough but fair. What more could we ask for as most writers here are tough but fair. When we believe we are being treated unfairly we respond passionately. These character traits give life to All Coast separating us from the lurkers.

I was born in Birmingham Alabama just before Rosa Parks made her stand on the bus not yielding to the back of the bus.
God rest her soul.

I grew up in Florida Texas Mississippi but mostly in so cal from Fountain Valley Huntington beach Pasadena Hermosa Manhattan Torrance Wilmington Carson Dominguez hills North Long Beach etc.
What was interesting for me was being a minority in many schools like when I was in Huston Texas long beach Dominguez hills Rancho Cucamonga . I was on the receiving end of allot of racism.
It's alive and well and I see it every day as it takes on many different forms from many different cultures.
One of the forms is simply association by shape age style not just skin color it's evident in monetary issues and it goes on and on.

I see no end in sight as it's been with us a very long time.
Life's journey is not about what you acquire but who you become.

PO Box 2056
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
310-562-6205
www.sharktagger.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
So you are a puss that hides behind a computer and attacks all percieved ills in society. Nothing you say offends me because I understand your kind. Wow, your a regular pioneer, LOL

But you are the kind that snivles to management and get's post removed from a guy that contributed more to this board over the years than you ever have in your 51 posts. Since you claim to have all this awareness, why did you not PM John to let him know, he would have edited his post. Pathetic.

Also, The one to first cry racism, is usually the biggest racist of them all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"So you are a puss that hides behind a computer and attacks all percieved ills in society. Nothing you say offends me because I understand your kind. Wow, your a regular pioneer, LOL

But you are the kind that snivles to management and get's post removed from a guy that contributed more to this board over the years than you ever have in your 51 posts. Since you claim to have all this awareness, why did you not PM John to let him know, he would have edited his post. Pathetic.

Also, The one to first cry racism, is usually the biggest racist of them all."

Just like I thought Mr. Tough guy!! I'M a puss. I said nothing offending in my post! I just said it like I read it. No brains in the gym just pains right. I'm not hiding behind the computer. I didn't snivel to management I hold my own believe me. Once again youâ??re better than everyone else (insecurities?) you have more posts than I. WOW! So that makes you better. I don't think so. What I said here I would say in your presence and you would probably take it to another level not me? Like I said itâ??s over your head because whatâ??s inside is very minimal. Once again you don't get the point. I never said anyone was a racist,not even you!
Let me apologize for your ignorance and disrespect...

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
"What I said here I would say in your presence and you would probably take it to another level not me"?

Oh man you are just a vicious lil barking dog arent you. Better check that lil man complex. Don't let your anger get the best of you Danial Son.

·
Registered
761 Posts
all i know is im confused We have Japan/Americans, African/Japan/Americans, African Americans and so on..... Well is it not true that all these statements are a little Racist. As i see it if all the people crying werent racist would they not just call everyone
AMERICANS and not have to seperate from one orgin to another???
ISNT THERE BETTER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT IN LIFE?????? then where we come from.
Chris (bitesomthing)
20 foot proline

·
Banned
11,019 Posts
Here we go again..

"Better check that lil man complex"

I swear every time you get into a conflict it's the same old thing.

Telling everyone you fight with they are a "little man" is about the equivalent of wearing a big sign on your back saying

[font size="+3"]"Kick Me.......
Insecurities Here." [/font]

Obviously whatever compensation you've got from body building has not got rid of something deep down inside. So you now you always have to project it on others.

Well... Now that I've got you mad (don't let anger get the best of you there... little man)

Let me tell you something about what's PC and what's not.

So you think there's nothing wrong with calling someone a Jap?

Well your not Japanese so why should you have a problem with it? The only way you would know how it feels to be a called a Jap is if you were Japanese.

I'm pretty sure that Japanese people don't like being called Japs, because I used to date a Japanese girl.

Her old man (a brilliant physicist) was locked up in a camp back during World War II. He got called a Jap there enough times to last him a lifetime, and she had pretty strong feelings about it as well.

They felt being called a Jap was an insult. Since they were Japanese I'm inclined to believe them.

It wasn't PC to them it was personal.

The guy your arguing with is probably Japanese as well.

He and my ex-girlfriend's Dad's are not full of PC Bull$#!t. When someone uses that term they just honestly feel insulted. In fact they feel that people are insulting their whole heritage by using that name, and to them that's a big deal.

Now obviously you just don't get that, you're White so it's no big deal to you.

Let's try something to show you how it feels.

Now I live in the hood. All the brothers down here call each other nig'r. Like..."Heeeeyyy Nig'r.Whas Up! Now I can't say that because I'm white...from me it's an insult.

Now what I can say is Ho. Seems like all the guys down here refer to women as Ho's. I can use it too, just because I'm white doesn't make me a women.

Now between two friends calling a women a Ho is no big deal here.

Like..... "Hey man where's that Ho of yours, get her her big azz down here wit sum beer!"

In this neighborhood that language is pretty standard, no big deal.

Now what if I called your wife a Ho. Like: "Hey Badge-man get that Ho down wit da beer."

Or how about it in white boy language: Hey Badger tell that whore of a wife of yours to bring down the beer"

That bother you at all? Would you take offense at that?

Now who's being PC.

What if it was your daughter?

Like... "Hows that little whore of a daughter of yours doing in school these days?

That ruffle a few feathers?

The reality is PC is just an invented term to play off others offense at language that's culturally well as personally insulting.

It's just a way to ignore the issue and turn it against the person who is justifiably insulted, who has a right to be offended.

If I call your wife and daughter whores you have a right to get angry.

If I said you were just being a wimpy PC looser that would change nothing. It doesn't take the insult away.

If you don't believe me go ask that whore of a wife you live with. ;-)

Saying someones being PC when they take offense is just another way of saying: "I don't care if your offended I'm just going to keep on insulting you."

KAMASU is not being PC he's just insulted. Calling his people Japs is to him an offensive thing just like calling your wife a whore is offensive to you.

It's an insult to him and his whole heritage, he's got a right to be offended. Telling him he's PC is just your BS way of saying you don't care.

For him to step up and say something here took guts. Maybe attacking John was the wrong approach but He stood up and defended his people, just like no doubt you'd stand up a defend your wife. I admire his courage to speak his mind for his people. Like I said it took guts.

You on the other hand are just going along with the status quo. Your just defending someones right to insult, intentional or not. No doubt the majority here will back you up, and if your push comes to shove your bigger then he is.

Well Gee He-man that doesn't take any guts at all. To shout someone down when you know you'll be supported, or pick a fight when you know you can't loose is not an act of courage it's the act of a bully.

In fact I'd say it's almost cowardly.

So what are you going to defend next... the right to burn crosses in people front yards, or painting swastika's on synagogues.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

George Carlin

Tight lines, Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts