All Coast banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find it...
Does anyone have a link to the list of required safety items to be kept on board a vessel?
Seen a list and link but I must be blind ot batty.

Dave
My Three Sons

·
Banned
2,434 Posts
here you go....

http://www.uscgboating.org/safety/fedreqs/equ_refchart.htm

commercial requirements are tougher...i get the dockside inspection every year , its required for carrying observers....it looks like observers are on the horizon for commercial salmon trolling(stupid, i know), so i'd call the CG and set up an inspection.... you may be required to have survival suits, epirb, and a liferaft...depending on your vessel length, waters fished , and how far offshore you go

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Inflatable life vests don't count

Something I learned last weekend in our Coast Guard inspection: Inflatable PFDs do not count as life vests IF THEY ARE NOT BEING WORN.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Get ahold of a U.S. Power Squadron or Coast Guard Auxilary Vessel Examiner in your area and he or she will get together with you at your boat and go over the federal, state and local safety requirements. If you meet the various requirements durings this
courtesy Vessel Safety check (VSC) you will receive a sticker for your boat. With the report you will be given you can proceed to West Marine for any additional safety items neede and get a 10 percent discount for your purchse of safety items. That probably will incude EIpprs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts