All Coast banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a quick question. I just picked up a Chuck Byron original at a estate sale for the late Fred Hall. Back is signed with the following.

If not for the Halls
I would not be here!
Thank you so very much!!!
I love you.
Sign.(Chuck Byron)2001

The painting was done in 2000.
The painting is of the Arch at Cabo(El Arco)
Are there any Byron collectors here? I will put up some pics when I get a chance. Tried calling the Gallery but no one was available. Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
David.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That would be me Bill I was at the shop and didn't log in. OOPS. Yeah I am pretty stoked not much else there but I scored to say the least.

David.

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
You imposter!

How ya' been David?

That does sound like a score.

Bill

P.S.: I just booked our Manitoba trip. We may have room for one more if you're intersted. I figure it's going to cost about $1300 all told for 4 days of epic duck, goose, and sharptail hunting.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hey Stan, Bills correct I am just trying to figure out the value of the painting. Its currently on the wall and looks real nice where its hanging.

Thanks for the comeback.

Bill lets talk dates on the hunt, shoot me your contact info.

Talk to you later.
David.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Whatever the value David . .
The longer you can hang on to it the more it might be worth.
So do not use the back for a cutting board. :eek:

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

G

·
0 Posts
David,
I found this on the internet - a Chuck Byron auctioned for $5,400 - it has the arch in the background.

From the Cabo Tuna Jackpot 2001:
"The highlight of the evening turned out not to be the cash awards, since people already knew which three teams would win money. Nay, it was a raffle of a Chuck Byron original painting commissioned for the Tuna Jackpot.
Proceeds were to go to the building of a kitchen at a Cabo orphanage for kids, many of whom were orphaned by the recent hurricane. In spirited bidding, $5,400 was raised..."
http://www.loscabostunajackpot.com/2001_coverage/2001_coverage.html

Prints aren't worth much, signed prints are a little more, but signed originals can vary greatly. If it was truly "Worth" $5,400 prior to his passing, it would certainly be worth more now. Heck, that frame looks to be a few hundred bucks by itself. You should probably look into getting it professionally appraised and insured.

At any rate - Congratulations on the great find! You can sniff out the good catch on dry land too!
Scot

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thanks for the comeback Scot. This one has a little history to go along with it. Thanks again for the ride on the Medallion she is truely a fishing machine. Does Richard want to get rid of the 3x sitting in the boat?

Talk to you soon,
David.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts