All Coast banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Have you been out looking at YOUR underwater NEIGHBORHOOD?
Is there any volume?
I know about a few other areas and I'm told it's looking pretty good.
Any feedback is appreciated Roger.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
>I know about a few other areas and I'm told it's looking
>pretty good.
>Any feedback is appreciated Roger.
>
>John.
>Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

What "few other areas" are you talking about John? Can you be more specific? How about some numbers? LOL j/k

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be doing some recon dives in a few days but have heard that the shallower areas by PV are empty.

I havn't dove locally since the end of last lobster season so I need to get wet and see what going on down under.

Dive Deep and Fish Hard!

Roger
[email protected]

http://momentoffame.com

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I haven't heard about Dana Point Jason.
You dive you should go check out the breakwater.
I'm talking about Palos Verdes, SMB, and points north which include Oxnard and Ventura.

My Son and his girlfriends father will be diving next Saturday morning
at 3AM at an undisclosed location in Sandy Eggo County. They'll be
walking in off the beach. My Son tells me the spot is loaded with
Lobsters currently, but he stopped short of telling me exactly where.
Like I'd go hoopnet them up or something. :eek: LMAO! That boy learns
quickly! Must be the time I told him DTA when it comes to Lobsters.
I guess he included his Dad in the mix. :eek: :-( I'm over it!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Just my luck, I came down with a cold on Sunday. There is a new guy that I work with. He dives, and has about 100 logged. He also clams to know a good spot! Now I have a cold, so we will have to take a wait and see approch.
There is always the hoop net/ try and keep the lines out of the prop in the dark method! I'm going to go home and check out my dive gear just in case!

KP

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
With the price of fuel I prefer to hoop for them now. Diving's fun, but it's also fun to be warm and come home with a limit too!

My home port is Alamitos Bay or HH now--I don't like towing to dana if I can avoid it.

I hooped dana 3 times last year. I think for those 3 times we saw 2 shorts--0 legals. I know others did better, but my unscientific analysis would indicate that some of the local harbors have been hit pretty hard by the recent popularity of hoop netting, and the local lobster population has suffered.

I hope I don't see any of you on the water this weekend! ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
talked to some divers sat at dana point they said they saw alot of shorts. I packed my cages sunday will be dropping nets at cat 12:01 sat morning,hope there still there

·
Registered
34 Posts
did a little spider crab huntin' in the last month. some areas look pretty good, some pretty bad. darn those bugs for getting into my crab nets :)

should be better than last year, but i'm a newbie... dunno nothin.

c-yall friday night!
SoCalDoug

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I would stay away from the west end of Catalina on opening night..there is an 18'er and a 16'er cruising the edges,.... tick, tick, tick, Clarisse

1 - 10 of 10 Posts