All Coast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going out on my boss' boat on Monday. I'm looking for spots where we can pretty much catch anything. I'm trying to convince him to rig up his boat - so anywhere where we can pull some sandies or rockfish would be great. Not looking for your honey hole, just any help is appreciated.

I do have a gps.

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Around the tanker bouys outside manhattan always sandbass there or outside by the yellow bouy outside redondo........ be there early, take some squid strips.....

Also, bonito are all over the bay so you if you hit the sandbass apots head towards rocky point and look for the birds working or sitting lots of bonito around these.....troll with small rapalas.... or bonito feathers.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Well thats a tall order. there are spots all over out there. If you want to stay in shallow, fish aroudn the tankers is a good call. If you have a meter, it should be pretty obvious where to look. If you don't, I'd say look for the birds to find the bonita or maybe barracuda. The tankers are always a good easy reference point. If you want to go further, try the redondo area (rocky point specifically or north toward the malibu pier working back down toward the getty center. I don't have any recent report info but those are tried and true areas worth working.

Good luck I'm sure you can get some numbers or more specific info here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any good references for Rock Point? There is not a fishfinder or any other equiptment than GPS on the boat.... that's part of my mission with getting him out there this weekend. If we catch fish, the boat will get some nice stuff added on!

Thanks for the help so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts