Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the chance I will find some macs in the LA harbor on Sunday afternoon. Fishtrembling and I are going to Cat sunday late afternoon.
I can get out earlier than he, so I was thinking of heading out a little early to make hoop bait. BIG TENTACLES OUT !!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
>Whats the chance I will find some macs in the LA harbor on
>Sunday afternoon. Fishtrembling and I are going to Cat sunday
>late afternoon.
>I can get out earlier than he, so I was thinking of heading
>out a little early to make hoop bait. BIG TENTACLES OUT !!!!

BT....we made nice mini macks with some bigger ones mixed in just outside the breakwater a couple weeks ago......chum a few cans of mackerel......I get the cans at the 99cent store.....works great! Really gets them into a frenzy.

Bent Rods!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeremy, how are you doing ?? I freakin lost your #. Please call me
work 949-574-1858 cell 949-636-5280. Good Luck out there bro !!
Hope you get a big barn door. Dont throw away any hoop bait .Talk to you soon. BIG TENTACLES OUT !!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi John... Moonfish here... here's the alltime secret formula for "mac makin", given to me by a multi record holder of the marlin sect: (1) can mackeral, (3) cans tuna cat food, couple handfulls of oatmeal... mix it all together (the night before if possible) in a small plastic bucket, spoon it out little by little up current so the boat drifts over it, have one guy keep the chum line going... use a dull edge knife (butter knife) to remove the macs if you intend to keep them as live bait... GOOD LUCK!
PS - you can use this same mixture for ANY kind of fish attracting, from perch to yellowtail (yes, yellows) & nearly everything in between!
PSS - if you happen to end up with to many bugs, well...

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.