Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm leaving tomorrow night after work for the island, returning sunday. at the time i want to depart there will be no bait operations open in MDR. additionally it will be just me and my girlfriend so once at the island i will be too shorthanded to run the boat and pass a net to a squid boat at the same time. i'm going to have to make my own bait.

that being said, i want to fish squid for WSB and macks for lings. where is the best place to give this a try? last time i was there, empire was the ticket for the squirts. is this still the case? it'll mostly just be me fishing so i only really need about 20 of em. as for macks, i've never had success making them over there. how deep should i set up for em? i'm going to bring a chum bucket to cheat and help get em to the boat...where is a good place? lee side? west end?

all advice appreciated.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Bait and fish swim for a living....that said, during the marlin season, we have made bait on the Avalon moorings before, but first place I would try would be the mooring bouys at the slide, then move north and meter. Bill

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never thought of making bait on a mooring ball. DUH! makes sense though.

jsea, i'll probably leave around 9pm or so, then do the SLOW boat ride over there around 8 or 9 knots due to darkness and fuel economy.

bait tank is 38 gallons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts