Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a little out of season but I will be doing a seminar on Marlin fishing at the Fred Hall show, Saturday night at 8PM.

I will include using spectra line on smaller reels as well as locating and casting on fish.

Hope to see you there.

Paul Lepore

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
How 'bout a little info on fishing out of Mag Bay, too, Paul?

I'd like to get dialed in for a possible trip to fish Thetis and other areas in November.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will bring my charts for Mag Bay and be happy to share them with you. I fished it in November on my Davis and we caught 14 Marlin the first day. It was pretty good!

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Gosh I wish I could make it, but I'll have my young'in and that's a bit too late.....hopefully you will pick another venue for a seminar, I'd love to see it! You may want to have a guest speaker John King, since his booth is right around the corner and fresh off two tourney wins!

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Paul,

I wish I'd known about this earlier, (guess I should of read the show schedule) I would of loved to have made it. I'll have to figure out a way to get the 'Cliff Notes' version from you later.... :)

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
251 Posts
oh yah, you can definately count me in! Im new to marlin fishing and would like some info on so cal. im up in channel islands

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Hey Paul,

I'm going to try to make it for your session as I'd very much like to hear you speak. If I can get there, I'll come say hi.

Have fun,

Rob.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Paul-Wasn't able to break away to enjoy the FH show. Life is too busy. I left your a message on the Bat ph.

SF? Not sure if my group is going to come through for the planned assualt/adventure due to some unforeseen deals re others. If it were me, I consider the new moon phase in mid May. Major tidal flow/water movement then. Closer to June seems to be better so it's more about bait and general conditions. Micro-bait and green water in this region has been an issue in recent past years. It has to change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts