Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fueled up for the weekend today. Ouch. They told me that the raised the prices by 40 cents from yesterday.

Don't shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think it's to the point to load the boat on the trailer, drive to the Shell station @ Venice and Sepulveda, diesel $3.09 gallon. Putting in 150 gallons at a time I think covers the $ 14 ramp fee.

Mac
Mac Attack
26' Blackman Billfisher
Marina Del Rey

·
Registered
257 Posts
i guess they need to raise money to pay for the new hawaiian shirts. F them. they don't need to raise prices like that....they're doing it because they can. fuel prices everywhere else didn't jump like that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Recieved 3000 gallons of # 2 diesel here at my fire station, adjacent Marina Del Rey. Did a little checking into the price, $1.96 a gallon. This is for # 2 diesel not the non-taxed red dye off-road diesel. I make it a point to stop at Janks every other trip.

Mike
Mac Attack
26' Blackman Billfisher
Marina Del Rey

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Freddie - I don't know if Jankovich raised its price yesterday but as you already know it will in any event be WAY cheaper than MDR. It's gotta be at least 40-50 cents a gallon or more I'd think (although I have not specifically compared). If it's 40 cents on 200 gallons that's $80. Not sure what you burn but it's probably still only barely worth it unless you make it into a fishing trip? And, at risk of stating the extreme obvious, I'm sure that's the issue at MDR, right? Localized supply/demand. Is there any option other than MDR for a slip boater between Channel Islands and San Pedro? For obvious reasons, Avalon is the worst of all!!!!

It must be intensely frustrating for you guys slipping in MDR.

·
Registered
257 Posts
for the increase in fuel prices at MDR they should at LEAST have cute girls in bikinis fueling the boats and wiping things down for ya. intensely frustrating??? oh yeah. then again, since when is boating cheap?

give me a bikini fuel pump girl and i'll be happy.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
The reality? Fuel is still the smallest cost in being a PB'er! $3.99, yes that is gouging in every sense of the manner, and there is no way they can justify! Disgraceful! Looks at Tiffany's, aka: WM, they too have raised their rates recently from an obscene 45% margin! Disgusting! I think there is a trend going on........

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
"The reality? Fuel is still the smallest cost in being a PB'er! "

Hmmm, this must be coming from a trawler guy...., not all of us are in the envious position of only having to fill their tanks once a year... :)

For most, it all depends on the boat and how it's operated.

For me, 200-300 hours of running my boat over the course of a year, tends to produce a fuel bill I only looked at once....., and I was glad I was sitting down, as once was more than enough! :) :)

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts