All Coast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my allcoast colleagues! I would be very appreciative if any of you dodo catchers over the last few days cold let me know numbers or at least a heading to use out of MDR for Monday. I retuned from a non-fishing trip at Avalon Tuesday pm and saw many salad spots along the way, but none were holding fish. Of course, I had no live bait, but did troll a few feathers for nada. If any of you frequent posters can give me some numbers, I will let everyone know how I did late Monday. My best to you all!!
Tight lines!
Tim

·
Registered
257 Posts
tim, the boats as of late are heading out at about a 205 heading from mdr and stopping just on the far side of the shipping lanes. i was out there last weekend and found em in limited numbers. the boat next to me went out to the same area yesterday and found empty paddies. if you're on a trailer and have an option i'd head out further south. if not, it's all about finding the magic paddy. good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess finding that "magic" paddy is the key. I will let you know how it looks w/ temps etc. tomorrow.
Thanks1
Tight lines
Tim

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I went out on a 240 heading. There is a pretty large body of warmer water out there.....so you could just go due west. The key is first finding the warm water and then locating kelp paddies. A tuna tower would be really useful. ;-) If you go to In-seine Bait, make sure you get some of the medium cured sardines as well as some jumbo's too. The jumbos did not handle the temperature change as well as the smaller sardines.

Good luck.

Peter
"Trusty Rusty"
18' Bayrunner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts