All Coast banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, would anyone be interested in a friendly Hali tourny out of DP in the next few months...? Can I post questions like this?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Eddie you maybe out of line... LOL. Hell yah if I am free I would love to wet a line or two. What is top prize?

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
I am sure if you are willing to put it together and assume the tasks associated, then many will follow! As someone who has been involved with tournaments in the past,it's a thankless job,and hard to make all happy! Problem is, everyone has an opinion, and has to be considered. Money creates problems! I don't want to discourage you on this, but those of us that have experience with tournaments, especially those that cost, or have a payout, you need to understand your exposure! If you need help, drop me an e-mail and I would be glad to offer. Bill

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just thinking that some of us "AllCoasters" would get together, throw in 5-10 bucks each, and the heaviest Hali at the end of the fishing day would win the pot. I am only looking at a fun deal, and maybe make a few bucks to pay for bait and gas for the winner! I guess we could say, you can have as many ppl on your boat as you want, but they each need to pay up to havea chance at the pot. Now, if we want to get into a full blown tournament, I guess we could do that!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Eddie,

I like your simple approach....

I like the simple idea of each person pay said $$$???, and at the end of the day, the biggest fish wins....how simple is that...as long as each person of the "said" boat pays the decided fee...all is covered and easy enough said....

:) Bill (Wideopen) :) may know from his experience that my ignorance and nieveness is laughable, but how can it get complicated if the the rules are so simple:

$10 per person...no per person boat limit..just each angler pay the entry fee....Biggest flattie wins all the cash.

:) :) :)

Count me in you get it organized.......

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Senor Pescado *****, You are correct, in the simple and sounds like outstanding idea that has been presented, the money is in all sort's meaningless, and a great time will be had by all! When the money start's growing, and most tournaments have had these simple starts, and grown from there with enthusiasm, then the fun "Not" begins! There are always people that come in from the outside and start bagging on all the rules, money, committee members, ect ect. It never fails and they are the ones that get all the attention, not those that have put all the energy and work into making it a successful event. It is thankless, trust me! However, our tourney in Cabo www.wcbrt.com has been anything but, and can't wait for next year as the payouts may double!

As in anything in life, one person can ruin a good thing for all......doesn't matter if he/she is driving 55 in the fast lane or fishing a tournament......it's life!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats it, it will be the "No Whinners Tournament"! The only rules that apply is you pay, you fish, heaviest fish wins. U dont like it, you dont fish it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts