All Coast banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how and where do you apply for a multi day fishing trip? and when i fish the weekend do i have to do it if i keep a cooler in the car and unload the fish after the first day?
thank you
tony

·
Registered
896 Posts
>how and where do you apply for a multi day fishing trip? http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mrd/fg935.pdfand
>when i fish the weekend do i have to do it if i keep a cooler
>in the car and unload the fish after the first day? NO
>thank you
>tony

John
"Bass Hole"
26' Striper WA

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Back to your question. From my understanding while on a two day permitt you must first put at least 12 hours on the water time for each fishing day. Ex leave sat at 1130 am and return at 1230 pm on Sunday. That counts as a two day trip. All fish must be kept on board and no passenger may goto the mainland or get off the boat. If you are fishing within 10 miles of the coast you must have a manifest of passengers when you file for the permitt. If you are going to Catalina no Manifest is needed You need to diplay the permitt in clear view for passengers to see. You may only land a one day limit on each day of the trip.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Tony, as for unloading you fish into a cooler and going out again for another limit. Unless you have a multi-day permit, you will be exceeding your daily bag and possesion limit. Bag and possesion limit applies at all times, not just on the water. Example, you go hoop from 1800-2100 Sat night, get your limit of 7 lobsters, unload that limit into a cooler in your truck, go back out, get another limit, or even one more, and add it to the cooler after midnight saturday, you are in violation. Your limit is your limit, even in your home. If you live alone, you may only have (one) limit for each species, frozen or fresh. The bag and possesion limit does not run on a 24 hr clock or other such time frame. So, to answer your question, the only way to get around this is the multi-day permit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts