All Coast banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son Jack has landed local Dodo's, hooked and landed big Butts, and 30 pound albacore.....now he can add to his hook and landed list this buty of a DoDo

and this to his hook and hand...

(which he then landed all by himself, less the gaff)

would have been the jack pot fish if it was not a hook and hand. Went 29.5 pounds on the spring scale.

He also got three other Dodo's that day.

He was later awarded the best sportsmen and angler trophy award by the boat sponsor.

I brought along trophies for all the kids, the boat award made him grin from ear to ear.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
You must be one proud Dad. :7
Way cool indeed Mike.
Everyone looks happy.

Thank You for sharing!

Don't forget to add you report here.
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=327

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Great shots! Brings back many happy memories of fishing with my son. He too seemed to have a knack for catching the jackpots.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pkil, Whalin Dave, and John,

Thanks for the nice words.....overall a great trip..
here is a link to the full story...excuse the typo's....long day. i will go back and edit later.

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=327&topic_id=9382&mesg_id=9382&page=

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Hey Mike,

Great job on teaching your son to fish. I think my oldest boy has caught more yellows this summer than I have, but I've enjoyed watching him learn. My youngest (8) has a ways to go, but by the time he's 10 he's going to be quite the fisherman. My daughter is too young, but she'll be joining us soon enough. Again great job and you should be very proud. Take care and I hope to see you out there sometime.

PS: We'll be at the island this weekend. Do you have any plans to go?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
AWESOME!!!! those pictures are GREAT. if you don't have one already, i'd start a fishing photo album for him and put those in it.

GREAT POST!!!!!

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts