Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Wils - congrats on the purchase. That boat should shine in the hand of the right owner. Sounds like you are realistic about the amount of work necessary and are prepared as best you can be.

Have fun and I look forward to the pics of the re-birth voyage.

Rick - how big is that Onan? If Wils is not interested I may know someone who is.

Rob.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of slow boats! I am sure you will have many good outings and memories on her! Just remember the reel advantage to these things, is on an albie trip, you get a full day of fishing in, vs. leaving the bite at 2pm to run home at 25 knots....oh no...not us slow guys, we stick it out till dark......then run home all night ;-) Hot showers, movies and a great dinner as we steam into the evening, keep us posted as things progress.....Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
>Get out the chainsaw and sawsall and get rid of that aft
>cabin. Then you will have a real boat. :)

Better watch it, Wayne. I'll sick Eddie on you...AGAIN!!!

I have all the "slow crew" on my speed dial. You all can be sure that I'll be checking in from time to time.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Sweet Wils. I'm pretty envious of you today. I've been dieing to get into something like that. I realize its quite a cost, but seems like a great way of life to me. Sounds like you'll have a labor of love.

If you need any help with anything, I'm fairly handy and enjoy working with wood. By the way forget Eddie, go wood all the way!

Congrats

mike

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Congrats, wils. I will be envious of your finished project, but no so envious of the job ahead. Then again, I'm lazy. I will clean the boat if you take me fishing on it though, assuming something is caught.

Heymon

PS Did the bike come with it?

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
>Congrats, wils. I will be envious of your finished project,
>but no so envious of the job ahead. Then again, I'm lazy. I
>will clean the boat if you take me fishing on it though,
>assuming something is caught.

First, we have to traverse that dastardly 101 & 405 interchange and all that valley traffic. :)

>Heymon
>
>PS Did the bike come with it?

hmmm...good question. I'll check into it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rob:

I am pretty sure it is a 15, but it might be a 12 or something in between. No offer that is even 1/2 reasonable will be refused. The electrical end is comepletely redone, and the engine starts right up. the sound shield is the hard case type and is in just about perfect condition.

-Rick

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Bill, Did you get that Izuzu running? What was the opinion? What's your fuel tankage, and how old is the fuel? As you know fuel quality with Diesels is the key! I have a couple of idea's for you when you are ready....Bill

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
>Bill, Did you get that Izuzu running? What was the opinion?
>What's your fuel tankage, and how old is the fuel? As you
>know fuel quality with Diesels is the key! I have a couple
>of idea's for you when you are ready....Bill

no, no opinion, i don't know, over 5 years.

any suggestions for an insurance agent?

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
>The 4th of this year? Pretty ambitious there Wils. Hope you
>make it

4 1/2 months sounded good at the time, bill. If I dont make it, I'll just take a picture of her and take it out in the skiff. :)

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I'm sorry Wils....:)

The smiley's available here on Allcoast don't allow me to post the guy laying on his back, legs in the air, rolling from side to side...

What have you got yourself into...

We can discuss this on All Fools, it will be the first day off for us since the start date of our project on Feb 6th...

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=316&topic_id=153020&mesg_id=153020&page=

Neill

·
Banned
11,202 Posts
I like the mast......

My speedos will dry faster whipping around in the wind......

edit: wils, upon closer inspection of the picture, it appears you have a crack in the chimney. You might want an expert to look at it before you fire it up....

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
>I'm sorry Wils....:)
>
>The smiley's available here on Allcoast don't allow me to post
>the guy laying on his back, legs in the air, rolling from side
>to side...
>
>What have you got yourself into...
>
>We can discuss this on All Fools, it will be the first day off
>for us since the start date of our project on Feb 6th...
>
>http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=316&topic_id=153020&mesg_id=153020&page=
>
>Neill

Looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
>I think that we'll be able to learn a few things about wiring
>on this one, mike. ;) I hope you can be there to help feed
>wire?

You know it. Actually I'm working on three other boats right now. The funny thing is I like it better than my day job some times. I would trade them though cause as soon as its called a job I'll dread it.

PM me when you are getting into it. Hell I'd be happy to help with the deck work and all my tools are down here just a few miles from the Marina. The only thing is I might have to bring a few beers with me.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts