Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on how to find a short-term (2-4 month) mooring in Newport? Any info appreciated!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, before May 1st it's a 60 day limit & very reasonable, after that date the price is the same but it's a 15 day limit, and you have to wait another 15 days to get on a can again.They say they never run out of moorings. Great advice, thanks!
P.S. The Daily Pilot has a mooring for sale for $60,000 in Newport Harbor. I think I'll rent.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
I had a chance about 7 years ago to buy a firesale mooring up by the American Legion hall from a guy who said he would sell it to me. I went to get the cash, $4500, went to the place we were to meet, and when I got there, he was just leaving.....said he just sold it. Guy set up someone else on the side who beat me by 5 minutes. I could sell that one for $50K now! OK Thanks....Now I'm pissed off again ;(

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel the same way about the condo in Costa Mesa that I didn't buy in '97 for $180,000.00 (it just sold for $749,000.00). Oh well, I could always live on my boat. The homeless person in the alley where it's parked found it roomy enough! (That's another story.................)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts