All Coast banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB). It needs to be around 9' to 9'6" max. Has anyone seen or have an Achilles HDX model boat? Or offer any suggestions or experiences with different brands and models. I'm thinking new, but if someone has a clean previously wet model I'd consider it also.

thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
personal preference for that size range is the caribe "light 9". check it out....weighs only a bit over a hundred pounds. cost is under $2000 new.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Doug....I second the Caribe (although I have the double floor with step/compartment) est. at 150 lbs. BIG question is, where are you going to put it. I swear, the "dingy" thing is a boaters biggest problem. I now have racks up front, but looking for a dingy lift and don't want to spend $10K. Good luck!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

Good to hear from ya. Hows the new ride?

Yes the dinghy thing can be an issue. My new crane is almost ready. The crane and chocks will be less than 2K. All S/S with a S/S winch too! I'm putting the dinghy across the bow against the cabin. It will be elevated so the engine can stay in the down position for storage and launch, and the forward cabin deck hatch will still open. The crane mounts on the port side about a foot back from the cabin. The crane will lift the boat over the bow rail with room to spare.

I waiting to look at the caribe this week. I found a great deal on 310 Avon, but need a 9' to 9'6 max. The Achilles is a new model that looks promising.

Hope all is well

PS: You info has the the old boat still! What kind is the new one?

·
Registered
447 Posts
i am going to get onto this thread because i had a couple questions on inflatalbes too. i have a 25 foot starfire and wanted to put a 6 or 7' inflatable there for putting around marina's and such. i was thinking to put it off the swim step or on my hard top. anyways where can i get a good used one around that size? are there places to go too? or ads to look at?
thanks for the help in advance.
tony

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony,

I'm selling my dinghy and it sounds like it might be good for you. Real good price. Give me a call @ 310-322-3612

Doug

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a used Caribe 9' rib. It's in fair shape. I want $600.00 for it... no motor. Is your boat Carl Adriani's old boat?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mattanza,

Yes, it was Carl's boat. I spent a year completely gutting/striping and rebuilt her to like new at Sunset 2 years ago. I also would like to talk to you about your dinghy. Let me know at 310-322-3612.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts